Tue, May 02|
Zoom Live Webinar with Raelene Ostberg
Being the Star You Are: Mastering Stressful Moments so You Can Truly Shine!
Explore effective methods to reduce stress before, during, and after taxing moments to build the important self-regulation skills needed to prevent future emotional mayhem!
Date and Time
May 02, 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM CDT
Zoom Live Webinar with Raelene Ostberg
Join us for the kickoff of the new live webinar: Being the Star You Are: Mastering Stressful Moments so You Can Truly Shine
Stress can bring out the worst in people and is a major trigger behind tantrums, whining, and aggression. During this engaging interactive live webinar, you will
- Explore effective methods to reduce stress throughout the day and during taxing moments to keep your cool and build self-regulation skills in yourself and the children you care for
- Pinpoint helpful adult responses and mindfulness tricks to use during stressful moments that help you build children’s ability to calm over time
- Brainstorm strategies with others who care for young children to confidently address a stressful time of day so everyone can truly shine, today and tomorrow
How you respond during the tensest moments will impact children's emotional development and regulation skills, but also how you feel about your important work!
If you need any assistance registering or have questions, simply reach out to Krista, Administrative Director at: email@example.com
Or, visit the website to see all of our upcoming courses and on-demand anytime learning opportunities, visit https://www.thriving-together.com/webinars.
*Reminder, during the session, you must not be responsible for the care of young children or driving a car.
You gain 2 training hours for each webinar!
All participants who fully complete the course will receive a training certificate for 2-training hours for each webinar. To receive your training hours, you will need to log in to Zoom to participate in chats/polls as you apply the concepts to your environment and complete a brief evaluation survey. Participants must not miss more than 15 minutes of the session.
100% Approved in both MN (Develop-MNCPD/Achieve) and NY for 2-training hours (Meet OCFS training requirements, Quality Assured, and count towards NYS Regulatory Training Requirements). Participants from MN and NY will receive entry into Develop or Aspire, if needed, within two business days of completing the course.
MN: KCF Area II.C Promoting Social and Emotional Development (2 Hours)
CDA Area III Positive ways to support children’ social and emotional development (2 Hours)
NY: Child Growth and Development (2 Hours)
- Are these trainings approved in Develop and Aspire? YES! All of our live webinars are approved in Develop/MNCPD-Achieve and Aspire (All Meet OCFS training requirements, Quality Assured, and count towards NYS Regulatory Training Requirements)
- How long does Develop/Aspire entry take? Develop/Aspire entry occurs within 1 business day after you finish the course survey.
- Do you offer a discount for groups? Yes! If you sign up five or more, we give an additional 10% of the series rate.
- Do you have a self-paced learning option? YES! We also offer the Promoting Self Control in Young Children course “as you wish”. This fun and easy learning format is recommended by 100% of participants! Find out more here and/or watch an informational video at: https://www.thriving-together.com/on-demand
More about your presenter:
Raelene Ostberg is the Founder of Thriving Together, an organization dedicated to designing and delivering fun, engaging, and inspiring learning experiences to support early childhood educators in their critical work. Raelene spent 25 working with families and 18 years working in early childhood classrooms. She obtained a M.Ed. degree in Family Education and B.A. in Theater from the University of Minnesota. In every class offered at Thriving Together, participants gain hands-on tools they can start applying right away, in a fun and engaging format. Participants love Raelene’s energy, enthusiasm, and theatrical storytelling that bring proven strategies to life. Her two signature online series "Working with Challenging Behaviors" and "Taming Those Terrific Toddlers" have over 10 years of positive reviews with 100% of participants recommending these transformative courses. Raelene is a Motivational Speaker, Achieve Master Trainer, New York State Training and Technical Assistant Professional, Licensed Parent Educator, Curriculum Designer, and Trainer Mentor.
Worried about the tech?
- If needed, set up a time to test your connection before that day to go over any questions or concerns you might have by emailing Krista, Administrative Director at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are unfamiliar with the format, join Raelene five minutes before the webinar to go over the course expectations or view the video at https://youtu.be/b169sCfhtkg
These interactive live webinars are offered through Zoom Webinar. You simply need
- Download the "Zoom Client for Meetings" App at https://zoom.us/download
- An internet connection – broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE)
- Speakers – built-in or USB plug-in or wireless Bluetooth (you will not need a webcam or microphone as you will not be seen or heard) - To find out more about this wonderful online learning format, view this video!
You will not be seen or heard, so you do not need a microphone or video/webcam capability. Mostly just an internet connected device (works great on desk top, lap top, or tablet/Ipad!)
During this live, easy and engaging learning format, you will
- Have fun learning while you gain useful strategies you can use today with the young children you care for.
- Hear an engaging live presentation by Raelene Ostberg, Master Trainer and Founder of Thriving Together, on a live webcam with an insightful powerpoint presentation.
- Participate in interactive polls, chats, and a problem-solving session.
- Lower your stress, increase your success, and enhance your joy while caring for young children
- NOTE: *You will not be seen or heard (so you can even be in your pjs!)
We look forward to learning with you!