Your Learning - Your Time!|
Self-Paced Learning in Your Thinkific Class
On-Demand Course: Happy Helpers! Encouraging Confidence & Better Behavior through Increased Responsibility
Increase responsibility and decrease negative behaviors as you build critical skills that last a lifetime!
Date and Time
Your Learning - Your Time!
Self-Paced Learning in Your Thinkific Class
Need flexible learning you can complete at your own pace? Join this engaging self-paced learning opportunity and finish two training hours any time between now and December 31, 2023! You can take this Part 1 only, Part 2, or both for a total of up to 5-training hours and a special bundle price!
During this session, you will
- Identify strategies to increase responsibility in young children so they remain helpful (and behave better!)
- Collect tools to engage children in tasks such as clean up time and self-care without bribery, nagging, rewards, or threats.
- Consider how to foster resilience through one surprising strategy...letting children struggle. WHAT?! Yes! When and how can you use this method to build a "can do" attitude that keeps kids believing in their great potential, even when they experience difficulty?
Complete this self-paced course in your own time! This course is broken into easy learning segments in your Thinkific course player and it tracks your progress. You can jump on or off as is convenient for you! You decide - finish in two hours right away or take until December 31, 2023. Once complete, your certificate will be immediately available. If needed, Develop entry in Minnesota, within one business day.
Register today! Then, we will send you the special link to your special Thinkific classroom as soon as it is complete.
You gain 2-training hours!
To receive your training hours for this course, you must spend a minimum of 1.75 hours fully completing all survey questions with insight learned during the course, viewing 100% of the videos, and completing a brief survey.
Visit the website to see all upcoming courses and on-demand anytime learning opportunities! - https://www.thriving-together.com/webinars If you need any assistance registering or have questions, simply reach out to Krista, Administrative Director at: firstname.lastname@example.org
100% Approved in Minnesota
- KCF II.C: Promoting Social and Emotional Development (2 Hours)
- CDA Content Area III: Positive ways to support children’ social and emotional development (2 hours)
Participants will receive a training certificate immediately after finishing the course and Develop entry (if needed) within one business day.
100% of participants recommend this course (and all of our Thinkific on-demand courses)!
Recent Participant Feedback:
- "I think this is one of the best classes I have attended and I have attended a lot. I love the class. It was convenient and very interesting. I would encourage others to take this class. I think it should be available to parents as well. I love her enthusiasm." Jane N., Childcare Provider
- "Thought provoking and insightful! She is great! I recommend!" Laura G., Director
- "I recommend this course. I really learned a lot about different ways I can help my daycare kids along with possibly giving me hope with my own children. I always enjoy your classes but I felt like this one really hit home for me. I appreciated there was a lot of good points and suggestions for many things I really need to work on doing. I enjoyed that this was self-paced, the questions were spaced out, and it restarted where I left off." - Lori K., Childcare Provider
More about your presenter:
Raelene Ostberg is the Founder of Thriving Together, an organization dedicated to designing and delivering fun, engaging, and inspiring learning experiences to support early childhood educators in their critical work. Raelene spent 25 working with families and 18 years working in early childhood classrooms. She obtained a M.Ed. in Family Education and B.A. in Theater from the University of Minnesota. In every class offered at Thriving Together, participants gain hands-on tools they can start applying right away, in a fun and engaging format. Participants love Raelene’s energy, enthusiasm, and theatrical storytelling that bring proven strategies to life. Her two signature online series "Working with Challenging Behaviors" and "Taming Those Terrific Toddlers" have over 10 years of positive reviews with 100% of participants recommending these transformative courses. Raelene is a Motivational Speaker, Achieve Master Trainer, New York State Training and Technical Assistant Professional, Licensed Parent Educator, Curriculum Designer, and Trainer Mentor.
Technology Needed to Attend
- An internet connection – broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE)
- Speakers – built-in or USB plug-in or wireless Bluetooth so you can hear the presentaion
This link gives you an overview of what is needed:
During these live, easy and engaging learning format, you will
- View a recording of an engaging live presentation by Raelene Ostberg, Master Trainer and Founder of Thriving Together, with an insightful powerpoint presentation.
- Lower your stress, increase your success, and enhance your joy while caring for young children
Frequently Asked Questions
How long is this course?
This course is designed to qualify for 2-training hours and can be easily completed within that time. It includes approximately 1.25 hours of an edited pre-recorded video from an engaging live presentation by Raelene Ostberg, M.Ed. You watch short video segments, provide your insight or thoughts, and write a few short reflections as you apply the information to your early care environment. .To receive your training hours for this course, you must spend a minimum of 1.75 hours fully completing all survey questions with insight learned during the course, viewing 100% of the videos, and completing a brief survey.
My life is CRAZY! Do I really have time to take this online course?
Absolutely! This entire course contains short video segments, breaking the content into smaller, more manageable lessons (short course, huge potential impact). You can squeeze in a lesson or two when you have time. Many students watch lessons on their tablet or smart phones while on the go. (Doctor's and therapists' waiting rooms are great for this!)
Will I receive a personalized Certificate of Completion?
YES! Simply complete all course elements and push the “complete” button at the end, and you will have access to your course completion certificate right away. If you have a Develop Account in Minnesota, your attendance will also be entered into Develop within two business days.
Are these approved for Parent aware and/or childcare licensing hours in Develop (Minnesota's early childhood training hours system)?
Yes! All courses we offer have been approved by Develop/MNCPD in Minnesota and for Parent Aware.
Are there group rates for centers/groups of staff?
YES! There are discounts for groups of five or more. Simply write us a note with the course titles and the number of participants, and we will design a proposal just for you!
What if the course doesn't work for me?
We would never want you to be unhappy! If, after completing the course, you aren’t 100% satisfied, we will provide a full refund.
This ticket includes the on-demand, self-paced course: Encouraging Confidence & Better Behavior Through Increased Responsibility. You will have from now until December 31, 2023 to complete the course. Once complete, your certificate will be immediately available. If needed, Develop entry in Minnesota, within one business day.
Special Bundle Price on both!
This special ticket includes the both courses in the series for a total of 5-training hours - Building Healthy Self-Esteem and Self-Confidence (3-training hours) and Happy Helpers (2-training hours)! both are self-paced learning you can complete in your own time. It is recommended you take the series in order but they also work in any order. However, you can take them at any time between now and December 31, 2023, as you wish!