Any time between now and Dec. 31, 2024|
Self-Paced Learning in Your Thinkific Class
Happy Helpers! Encouraging Confidence & Better Behavior through Increased Responsibility: Self-Paced!
Increase responsibility to build confidence and decrease negative behaviors. These skills help you promote the critical life skills that last a lifetime!
Date and Time
Any time between now and Dec. 31, 2024
Self-Paced Learning in Your Thinkific Class
Join this engaging self-paced learning course: Happy Helpers! Encouraging Confidence & Better Behavior through Increased Responsibility This flexible, easy, and engaging self-paced learning opportunity can be completed any time between now and December 31, 2024! You can take this Part 1 only, Part 2, or both for a total of up to 5-training hours and a special bundle price!
During this session, you will
- Identify strategies to increase responsibility in young children so they remain helpful (and behave better!)
- Collect tools to engage children in tasks such as clean up time and self-care without bribery, nagging, rewards, or threats.
- Consider how to foster resilience through one surprising strategy...letting children struggle. WHAT?! Yes! When and how can you use this method to build a "can do" attitude that keeps kids believing in their great potential, even when they experience difficulty?
- Have fun learning during an engaging pre-recorded webinar with early childhood expert Raelene Ostberg, National Keynote Speaker and Founder of Thriving Together, LLC. Raelene spent over 20 years working in early childhood classrooms where she gathered tips and tools that really work! Throughout this transformative series, she shares those tools along with entertaining real-life stories to match.
- Gain 2 training hours! To receive your training hours certificate for this course, you must log in independently on an internet-connected device, spend a minimum of 1.75 hours fully, and complete all survey questions with your insight learned from the course content, view 100% of the videos, and complete a brief final survey.
- Increase your joy and decrease your stress while you care for young children 0-8 years.
Complete this self-paced course as YOU wish! This course has engaging and easy learning segments of a pre-recorded webinar presentation with the presenter on the webcam. It is broken into easy learning segments in your Thinkific course player and it tracks your progress. You can jump on or off as is convenient for you! You decide - finish in two hours right away or take until December 31, 2024. Progress through the course in your own time, watching videos, accessing free tools and resources, and providing your insight all in your online classroom. Once complete, your certificate will be immediately available. If needed, Develop entry in Minnesota or WI Registry in Wisconsin, within one business day.
Register today! Then, we will send you the special link to your special Thinkific classroom as soon as it is complete.
Visit the website to see all upcoming courses and on-demand anytime learning opportunities! - https://www.thriving-together.com/webinars If you need any assistance registering or have questions, simply reach out to Krista, Administrative Director at: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can take one or both of this valuable 2-part series (for a valuable discount!)
Part 1: Building Healthy Self-Esteem and Self-Confidence
Discover the important elements of fostering healthy self-esteem while building the self-confidence needed to take on challenges. Gain insight into the dark side of self-esteem and learn proven methods to ensure children not only feel good, but also do well. Explore methods to increase effective praise that builds the "can do" attitude needed to ensure future success. Label methods to increase problem-solving skills and promote a trusting and responsive relationship that will reduce challenging behaviors.
- CDA Content Area: III Positive ways to support children’ social and emotional development (3 hours)
- MN: KCF II.C: Promoting Social and Emotional Development (3 Hours)
- Wisc: 7. Guidance and Nurturing (2 hours)
Part 2: Happy Helpers! Promoting Self-Confidence & Better Behavior through Increased Responsibility (March 18 from 10:45 am - 12:45 pm CST)
Identify four proven methods to build important self-confidence and a “can do” attitude in young children. Explore what chores and self-care you can expect of children age 2-8 years and discover ways to build young children’s ability to complete chores successfully. Collect tools to increase responsibility and gain cooperation without bribery, nagging, or threats. Through these real-life strategies, you will avoid overindulgence, decrease power struggles, and increase positive behavior in the children you care for.
MN - Approved for KCF II.C Promoting Social and Emotional Development (2 Hours)
- CDA Content Area: III Positive ways to support children’ social and emotional development (2 hours)
- MN: KCF II.C: Promoting Social and Emotional Development (2 Hours)
- Wisc: 7. Guidance and Nurturing (2 Hours)
Participants will receive a training certificate immediately after finishing the course and Develop or Wisconsin entry (if needed) within one business day.
100% of participants recommend this course (and all of our Thinkific on-demand courses)!
Recent Participant Feedback:
- "I think this is one of the best classes I have attended and I have attended a lot. I love the class. It was convenient and very interesting. I would encourage others to take this class. I think it should be available to parents as well. I love her enthusiasm." Jane N., Childcare Provider
- "Thought provoking and insightful! She is great! I recommend!" Laura G., Director
- "I recommend this course. I really learned a lot about different ways I can help my daycare kids along with possibly giving me hope with my own children. I always enjoy your classes but I felt like this one really hit home for me. I appreciated there was a lot of good points and suggestions for many things I really need to work on doing. I enjoyed that this was self-paced, the questions were spaced out, and it restarted where I left off." - Lori K., Childcare Provider
More about your presenter:
Raelene Ostberg is the Founder of Thriving Together, an organization dedicated to designing and delivering fun, engaging, and inspiring learning experiences to support early childhood educators in their critical work. Raelene spent 25 working with families and 18 years working in early childhood classrooms. She obtained a M.Ed. in Family Education and B.A. in Theater from the University of Minnesota. In every class offered at Thriving Together, participants gain hands-on tools they can start applying right away, in a fun and engaging format. Participants love Raelene’s energy, enthusiasm, and theatrical storytelling that bring proven strategies to life. Her two signature online series "Working with Challenging Behaviors" and "Taming Those Terrific Toddlers" have over 10 years of positive reviews with 100% of participants recommending these transformative courses. Raelene is a Motivational Speaker, Achieve Master Trainer, New York State Training and Technical Assistant Professional, Licensed Parent Educator, Curriculum Designer, and Trainer Mentor.
Technology Needed to Attend
- An internet connection – broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE)
- Speakers – built-in or USB plug-in or wireless Bluetooth so you can hear the presentation
This link gives you an overview of what is needed: https://support.thinkific.com/hc/en-us/articles/360030354954-System-Requirements-and-Supported-Browsers
Frequently Asked Questions
How long is this course?
This course is designed to qualify for 2-training hours and can be easily completed within that time. It includes approximately 1.25 hours of an edited pre-recorded video from an engaging live presentation by Raelene Ostberg, M.Ed. You watch short video segments, provide your insight or thoughts, and write a few short reflections as you apply the information to your early care environment. To receive your training hours for this course, you must spend a minimum of 1.75 hours fully completing all survey questions with insight learned during the course, viewing 100% of the videos, and completing a brief survey.
My life is CRAZY! Do I really have time to take this online course?
Absolutely! This entire course contains short video segments that break the content into smaller, more manageable lessons (short course, huge potential impact). You can squeeze in a lesson or two when you have time – naptime, morning coffee, whenever! Many students watch lessons on their tablet or smart phones while on the go. (Doctor's and therapists' waiting rooms are great for this!)
How long do I have to complete a course?
You can complete the course any time this year. All courses end at midnight on December 31st, 2024. You can take the course in little bits or do it all at once – whatever works best for you.
Will I receive a personalized Certificate of Completion?
YES! Simply complete all course elements, illustrating what you are learning in the course. After completing your course, you will receive your certificate instantly. If you have a Develop Account in Minnesota or are in the Wisconsin Registry, your attendance will also be entered within one business day.
Can I also receive training hours in Develop in Minnesota or the Wisconsin Registry?
Yes! Simply complete all course elements, illustrating what you have learned in the course. After completing your course, you will receive your training hours entered into Develop (MN) and/or the Wisconsin Registry within one business day.
Are there group rates for centers/groups of staff?
YES! There are discounts for groups of five or more. Simply write us a note with the course titles and the number of participants, and we will design a proposal just for you!
What if the course doesn't work for me?
We would never want you to be unhappy! If, after completing the course, you aren’t 100% satisfied, we will provide a full refund.
Are there any tech requirements for this self-paced course?
You will need an internet connection – broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE). Thinkific is continually making these classes more accessible for participants. Visit their website to learn about the latest requirements at https://support.thinkific.com/hc/en-us/articles/360030354954-System-Requirements-and-Supported-Browsers
- Ticket type
Regular RateSale ends: Dec 29, 11:59 PM
Dec 29, 11:59 PM
This ticket includes the on-demand, self-paced course: Encouraging Confidence & Better Behavior Through Increased Responsibility. You will have from now until December 31, 2024 to complete the course. Once complete, your certificate will be immediately available. If needed, Develop entry in Minnesota or WI Registry in Wisconsin, within one business day.Price$30.00
- Ticket type
Special Bundle Price on both!Sale ends: Dec 29, 11:59 PM
Dec 29, 11:59 PM
This special ticket includes the both courses in the series for a total of 5-training hours - Building Healthy Self-Esteem and Self-Confidence (3-training hours) and Happy Helpers (2-training hours)! both are self-paced learning you can complete in your own time. It is recommended you take the series in order but they also work in any order. However, you can take them at any time between now and December 31, 2023, as you wish!Price$48.00