Your Learning - Your Time!|
Self-Paced Learning in Your Thinkific Class
PreSale On Demand Course: Collaborating with Families!
Promote powerful partnerships with parents that keep them engaged in your program, open to your feedback, and appreciating your critical work through daily interactions, challenges, concerns, and differences.
Date and Time
Your Learning - Your Time!
Self-Paced Learning in Your Thinkific Class
Need flexible, insightful, and engaging self-paced learning you can complete at your own pace? Join us for this new self-paced learning series kicking off by November 20th! (We will kick off one course at a time between now and then and you will have until June 30th to complete your courses). This learning opportunity can be completed as you wish, in little bits or all at once.
The reality is, working with others to educate and care for young children can be difficult, especially when families show up distracted and stressed, don't check in, linger at goodbye time, or do not follow program rules or guidelines. During this insightful live webinar series, you will:
- Gather strategies to decrease challenges and ensure positive outcomes for you and the families you work with
- Learn many reasons why parents might disengage, lack follow through, or disregard your important feedback
- Discover techniques to ensure families remain open to your insight, listen to your ideas, and then utilize effective strategies to gain positive behavior outcomes for the child
- Increase the rewards you experience in your work as you foster bonded connections that last amidst difficulties and the inevitable challenges that come up
Complete this self-paced course in your own time! This self-paced course is broken into easy learning segments in your Thinkific course player and it tracks your progress. You can jump on or off as is convenient for you! You decide - finish in two hours right away or take the until the end of December. Once complete, your certificate will be immediately available. If needed, Develop entry in Minnesota, within one business day.
Register today! Then, we will send you the special link to your special Thinkific classroom as soon as it is complete. All courses will be completed by January 1. You will have until June 30th to complete your courses.
Part 1: It's All About Relationships.
Get into the heart and mind of the families as you gain insight into what parents are looking for when they leave their child at your program. Discover how our brain's neural networks can get in the way and negatively impact our ability to connect with some families, especially those who are different from us. Collect positive communication strategies to build a rewarding relationship with all families to ensure they remain delighted and constructively engaged in your program.
Part 2: Communicating Concerns and Behavior Challenges
Gain strategies to discuss challenging behaviors with families that keeps them open to your feedback and working together to problem-solve their child's challenging behaviors or developmental concerns. Collect methods to set the stage for these conversations before concerns arise. Identify tips and specific helpful language that will turn these potentially awkward or tense conversations into comfortable and collaborative discussions.
Part 3: Navigating Conflicts, Cultural Dynamics, and Differences in Caregiving Practices
Ever had a parent who asked you to do something you were not comfortable with (such as stop giving their child naps?) What can you do to resolve conflicts in a way that feels like a win-win and keeps families invested in your program? Discover methods to address issues that come up and work through differences in a way that empowers parents and leaves all parties feelings respected and valued.
This series is packed with real-life strategies that will help you thrive amidst difficulty and the inevitable challenges that come up when educating and sharing the care of young children.
You gain up to 6-training hours!
To receive your training hours for each on-demand training, you must spend a minimum of 1.75 hours fully completing each part, answering all survey questions, viewing 100% of the videos, taking a short quiz with at least 70% accuracy, and completing a brief course survey.
Visit the website to see all upcoming courses and on-demand anytime learning opportunities! - https://www.thriving-together.com/webinars If you need any assistance registering or have questions, simply reach out to Krista, Administrative Director at: email@example.com
Pending Approval in Minnesota
- KCF III: Relationships with Families (2 Hours each webinar)
- CDA Content Area IV: Strategies to establish productive relationships with families (2 hours)
Participants will receive a training certificate immediately after finishing the course and Develop entry (if needed) within one business day.
*100% of participants recommend our Thinkific on-demand course format!
*100% of participants recommend this series!
Recent Participant comments from the live sessions these are based on:
- "I have really liked the full series of Collaborating with Families. This will be a topic that will never fade and will always be useful to childcare and other early learning teams. This training helps expand thoughts and knowledge about different cultural dynamics and caregiving practices. In addition, we looked at how to apply this to their everyday routine in the classroom and when speaking with the child's families. Raelene is very knowledgeable on the subject! This helped me expand my horizons on different cultural dynamics and what to do if I have to talk to a parent about any concerns or challenges with the child." Morgan E. – Director and Early Childhood Teacher
- “This training is important because it really makes you stop and think about how a parent feels, how you feel, and how you can mesh those two worlds together with positivity.” Sharon T., Childcare Provider
- "It is a wonderful webinar that will help you reflect on how you are currently collaborating with families and give you great strategies to improve them." - Jessica C., Childcare Provider
- “It was very thought-provoking and could be related easily with all experiences - making it easy to make those connections to things you are noticing, having a hard time with, etc. I will bring a lot of good information and tips back to my team.” Megan W., Center Director
- "This webinar is full of tips and strategies a childcare provider can use easily every day to enhance the relationships and experiences of families and themselves." - Heather N., Childcare Provider
- All teachers and helpers in the classroom need this! You were amazingly well-prepared and knowledgeable. And you certainly practiced what you preached in being positive and considerate of our feelings as you engaged with our responses.” Lauren G. – Preschool Teacher
Technology Needed to Attend
- An internet connection – broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE)
- Speakers – built-in or USB plug-in or wireless Bluetooth so you can hear the presentaion
This link gives you an overview of what is needed:
During these live, easy and engaging learning format, you will
- View a recording of an engaging live presentation by Raelene Ostberg, Master Trainer and Founder of Thriving Together, with an insightful powerpoint presentation.
- Lower your stress, increase your success, and enhance your joy while caring for young children!
Frequently Asked Questions
How long is this course?
This course is designed to qualify for 2-training hours and can be easily completed within that time. It includes approximately 1.25 hours of an edited pre-recorded video from an engaging live presentation by Raelene Ostberg, M.Ed. You watch short video segments, provide your insight or thoughts, and write a few short reflections as you apply the information to your early care environment. To gain training hours, Participants must fully complete all answers to the questions and spend a minimum of 90 minutes in the course.
My life is CRAZY! Do I really have time to take this online course?
Absolutely! This entire course contains short video segments, breaking the content into smaller, more manageable lessons (short course, huge potential impact). You can squeeze in a lesson or two when you have time. Many students watch lessons on their tablet or smart phones while on the go. (Doctor's and therapists' waiting rooms are great for this!)
Will I receive a personalized Certificate of Completion?
YES! Simply complete all course elements and push the “complete” button at the end, and you will have access to your course completion certificate right away. If you have a Develop Account in Minnesota, your attendance will also be entered into Develop within two business days.
Are these approved for Parent aware and/or childcare licensing hours in Develop (Minnesota's early childhood training hours system)?
Yes! All courses we offer have been approved by Develop/MNCPD in Minnesota and for Parent Aware.
Are there group rates for centers/groups of staff?
YES! There are discounts for groups of five or more. Simply write us a note with the course titles and the number of participants, and we will design a proposal just for you!
What if the course doesn't work for me?
We would never want you to be unhappy! If, after completing the course, you aren’t 100% satisfied, we will provide a full refund.
Kickoff Special on all 3!
This special ticket includes the all courses in the series for a total of 6-training hours - taken in little bits or all at once! Take them at any time between now and June 30, 2023! Collaborating with Families Part 1: It's All About Relationships! (2 Hours) Collaborating with Families Part 2: Communicating Concerns and Behavior Challenges (2 Hours) Collaborating with Families Part 3: Navigating Conflicts, Cultural Dynamics, and Differences in Caregiving Practices (2 Hours)
Kickoff Special on Part 1
This ticket includes the on-demand, self-paced course: Collaborating with Families Part 1: It's All About Relationships! You will have from the kickoff of the series (by Nov. 20) until June 30, 2023 to complete the course. Once complete, your certificate will be immediately available. If needed, Develop entry in Minnesota, within one business day.
Kickoff Special on Part 2
This ticket includes the on-demand, self-paced course: Collaborating with Families Part 2: Communicating Concerns and Behavior Challenges. You will have from the kickoff of the series (by Nov. 20) until June 30, 2023 to complete the course. Once complete, your certificate will be immediately available. If needed, Develop entry in Minnesota, within one business day.
Kickoff Special on Part 3
This ticket includes the on-demand, self-paced course: Collaborating with Families Part 3: Navigating Conflicts, Cultural Dynamics, and Differences in Caregiving Practices. You will have from the kickoff of the series (by Nov. 20) until June 30, 2023 to complete the course. Once complete, your certificate will be immediately available. If needed, Develop entry in Minnesota, within one business day.