Mon, Nov 06|
Zoom Live Webinar with Raelene Ostberg
Giving the Gifts: Building Healthy Self-Esteem and Self-Confidence
Build the type of self-assurance that leaves kids confident as well as kind, empowered, and open to take on challenges.
Date and Time
Nov 06, 2023, 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM CST
Zoom Live Webinar with Raelene Ostberg
Join us for the live webinar Giving the Gifts: Building Healthy Self-Esteem and Self-Confidence om November 6th from 6:30-8:30pm CST!
Have you been concerned about children you care for who:
- Struggle to do a task and then simply give up, whining for help?
- Exhibits needy and demanding behavior?
- Need constant validation and attention?
- Is unkind to others?
- Acts helpless when asked to contribute?
Studies support that one major reason for these behaviors is related to the well-meaning self-esteem movement!
During this session, you will
- Gain an understanding of why this is happening with children in the U.S. and what you could do about it.
- Collect strategies to reduce whining and needy behavior, build a "can do" attitude, and promote kinder and more thoughtful behavior.
- Label methods to increase problem-solving skills and promote a trusting and responsive relationship that will reduce challenging behaviors.
- Have fun learning during an engaging live Zoom webinar with Raelene Ostberg, Expert Trainer and Founder of Thriving Together. Raelene spent over 20 years in early childhood classrooms and gained insight into studies on this critical topic in her graduate work at the University of Minnesota. NOTE: *You will not be seen or heard (so you can even be in your pjs!)
- Gain a certificate for 2-training hours for each webinar! All participants who fully complete the course will receive a training certificate for 2-training hours.
Let’s collect evidence-based methods that build the type of confidence that leaves kids confident AND kind, empowered, and open to take on challenges and strive to be their best.
*During the session, you must not be responsible for the care of young children or driving a car.
*We will be recording this to update our first self-paced option (available until Dec. 31). If you would like to take that quick, register today for our on-demand option at: https://www.thriving-together.com/event-details/self-paced-building-healthy-self-esteem-and-self-confidence
100% Approved in MN (Develop-MNCPD/Achieve), NY (Meets OCFS training requirements, Quality Assured, and count towards NYS Regulatory Training Requirements) and WI (Wisconsin Registry) for 2-training hours. Participants from MN, NY and WI will receive entry into Develop, Aspire, or the WI Registry if needed, within one business day of completing the course.
CDA Content Area III: Positive ways to support children’ social and emotional development (2Hrs)
(Minnesota) II.C: Promoting Social and Emotional Development (2 Hrs)
(Wisconsin) Approved for Area 7: Guidance and Nurturing (2 Hrs)
(New York) Approved for Child Growth and Development (1 Hour) & Environment and Curriculum (1 hour)
If you need any assistance registering or have questions, simply reach out to Krista, Administrative Director at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit the website to see all upcoming courses and on-demand anytime learning opportunities! - https://www.thriving-together.com/webinars
100% of participants recommend
- "It was a great experience and I took away many great ideas I can immediately apply to my work with young children." - Tammy O., Childcare Provider
- "Raelene is a wonderful knowledgeable instructor who gets everyone prepared before the Webinar, keeps everyone happily interactive during the Webinar, and gives great resources and videos for information after the Webinar :)" - Crystal P., Childcare Provider
- "I like how engaging Raelene is. I feel like i walk away with much more useful advice then any other standard developmental class that I have taken!" - Michelle F., Childcare Provider
- "Very thought provoking and definitely gives you practical ideas you can easily adapt into your program." - Jodi S., Childcare Provider
- The tips and tricks, along with everyone else's input, was so useful and I can't wait to bring it back to my kids!" - Childcare Provider
- “There is no better person to learn from than Raelene! She's easy to understand, compassionate, and knowledgeable! Her classes are fun!" - Childcare Provider
- "Fun, informative way to learn important information that I can easily use in my classroom." - Childcare Provider
- “Raelene was very knowledgeable and had us all well prepared days before the webinar. Raelene connects us with stories to the topics which I love because that is a good way and how I learn. Raelene makes this experience fun and easy for everyone! :) ” - Childcare Provider
- Are these trainings approved in Develop, WI Registry and Aspire? YES! All of our live webinars are approved in Develop/MNCPD-Achieve, WI Registry and Aspire (All Meet OCFS training requirements, Quality Assured, and count towards NYS Regulatory Training Requirements)
- How long does Develop/WI Registry/Aspire entry take? Develop/WI Registry/Aspire entry occurs within one business day after you finish the course survey.
- Do you offer a discount for groups? Yes! If you sign up five or more, we give an additional 10% of the series rate.
- How do I get the training hours? To receive your training hours, you will need to log in to Zoom to participate in chats/polls as you apply the concepts to your environment and complete a brief evaluation survey. Participants must not miss more than 15 minutes of the session.
More about your presenter:
Raelene Ostberg is the Founder of Thriving Together, an organization dedicated to designing and delivering fun, engaging, and inspiring learning experiences to support early childhood educators in their critical work. Raelene spent 25 working with families and 18 years working in early childhood classrooms. She obtained a M.Ed. degree in Family Education and B.A. in Theater from the University of Minnesota. In every class offered at Thriving Together, participants gain hands-on tools they can start applying right away, in a fun and engaging format. Participants love Raelene’s energy, enthusiasm, and theatrical storytelling that bring proven strategies to life. Her two signature online series "Working with Challenging Behaviors" and "Taming Those Terrific Toddlers" have over 10 years of positive reviews with 100% of participants recommending these transformative courses. Raelene is a Motivational Speaker, Achieve Master Trainer, New York State Training and Technical Assistant Professional, Licensed Parent Educator, Curriculum Designer, and Trainer Mentor.
Worried about the tech?
- If needed, set up a time to test your connection before that day to go over any questions or concerns you might have by emailing Krista, Administrative Director at: email@example.com
- If you are unfamiliar with the format, join Raelene five minutes before the webinar to go over the course expectations or view the video at https://youtu.be/b169sCfhtkg
To participate in these interactive live Zoom webinars, you simply need
- Zoom App: Download the latest "Zoom Client for Meetings" App at https://zoom.us/download
- Internet connection: You need Broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE) - Note, Zoom requirements periodically change. Please visit https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362023-Zoom-system-requirements-Windows-macOS-Linux for the latest.
- Speakers: The presenter is on the webcam so you will need need built-in or USB plug-in or wireless Bluetooth in order to hear the presentation.
- Computer or Tablet screen: For this live webinar, the larger the screen the better. It works great on a desktop, laptop, or tablet. A phone is not recommended.
You will not be seen or heard, so you do not need a microphone or video/webcam capability. To find out more about this wonderful online learning format, view the video at - https://youtu.be/b169sCfhtkg
We look forward to learning with you!