Working with Difficult Temperament Traits to Help All Children Succeed!
Date and Time
Some children are just MORE... More active, more sensitive, more explosive, and uper persistent! Thankfully, you can help every child succeed (and behave well) by teaching the skills needed to thrive. Join us to discover proven methods to decrease power struggles, reduce negative behaviors and increase positive outcomes for a child with challenging behaviors in yoru care.
YOU CHOOSE! Take the whole series for a HUGE discount on May 17 and 24. Or, choose to attend either Part 1 or Part 2. You will love any or all of these webinars!
Part 1 - Temperament overview and tools for three challenging traits: slow to adapt, high sensitivity, and high activity (May 17)
- Learn about the nine unique temperament traits which influence children’s behavior and how they naturally to respond to the world.
- Identify the traits and triggers that result in many common challenging behaviors you experience for children who are slow to adapt, highly sensitive, or won’t stop moving!
- Explore ways to individualize care to provide a “good fit” and ensure success for all children.
Part 2 - Working with Feisty and Tenacious Temperament Traits (May 24)
- Identify strategies to reduce negative behaviors and successfully work with children with highly intense and highly persistence temperament traits.
- Explore common triggers that lead to the negative behaviors associated with these traits such as tantrums, aggression, power-struggles, and pushing your limits.
- Collect methods to help children learn to manage strong feelings, calm independently, and master the stressful moments they experience.
During this series, we will identify the triggers that set off that child that is pushing your buttons, and explore ways to provide a good fit for all children (even those with the most difficult traits). You will have fun learning with others who care for young children during these engaging online webinars with Raelene Ostberg, Master Trainer and Founder of Thriving Together, LLC.
Both courses are 100% Approved in Minnesota
- KCF II.C: Promoting Social and Emotional Development (2 Hours)
- CDA Content Area III: Positive ways to support children’ social and emotional development (2 hours)
Participants will receive a training certificate (and entry into Develop, if needed) within 24 hours of attending the full webinar, participating, and filling out the short post-webinar survey. For training hours, you will need to participate in chats, polls, and a question/answer time as you apply the concepts to your environment.
100% of participants recommend this online class!
Recent Online Participant Comments about our online classes:
"It was a great experience and I took away many great ideas I can immediately apply to my work with young children."
“Thank you Raelene for always keeping us well prepared and for always having a fun, interactive and knowledgeable Webinar! I can't wait for next week's Webinar! :)"
"Raelene is a wonderful knowledgeable instructor who gets everyone prepared before the Webinar, keeps everyone happily interactive during the Webinar, and gives great resources and videos for information after the Webinar :)"
“Great instructor and other attendees were very interactive which provides so many more perspectives!”
Technology Needed to Attend
These interactive live webinar are offered through Zoom Webinar. You simply need
- Download the "Zoom Client for Meetings" App at https://zoom.us/download
- An internet connection – broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE)
- Speakers – built-in or USB plug-in or wireless Bluetooth (you will not need a webcam or microphone as you will not be seen or heard)
This link gives you an overview of what is needed: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362023-System-requirements-for-Windows-macOS-and-Linux However, you will not be seen or heard, so you do not need a microphone or video/webcam capability. Mostly just an internet connected device (works great on desk top, lap top, or tablet/Ipad!)
Worried about the tech? We have Jay to help! Jay Nelsen, Thriving Together Tech Support, will provide a free "ZOOM Webinar Essentials" to help you get to know the online environment and get the most out of your learning experience! Simply join your classroom 30 minutes prior to the webinar.
During these live, easy and engaging learning format, you will
- Have fun learning while you gain useful strategies you can use today with the young children you care for.
- Hear an engaging live presentation by Raelene Ostberg, Master Trainer and Founder of Thriving Together, on a live webcam with an insightful powerpoint presentation.
- Participate in interactive polls, chats, and a problem-solving session.
- Lower your stress, increase your success, and enhance your joy while caring for young children
- NOTE: *You will not be seen or heard (so you can even be in your pjs!)
We look forward to learning with you!
- Summer SUPER Special on BOTH!$35$350$0
- Summer SUPER Special on Part 1$20$200$0
- Summer SUPER Special on Part 2$20$200$0