Anytime - Anywhere!|
Self-Paced Learning in Your Thinkific Class
Self-Paced: Promoting Self-Control in Young Children
Explore methods that foster the important “Executive Functions” needed to reduce negative behaviors, increase positive behaviors, and build the child's capacity to succeed.
Date and Time
Anytime - Anywhere!
Self-Paced Learning in Your Thinkific Class
Join this engaging self-paced learning course: Promoting Self-Control in Young Children. This flexible, easy, and engaging self-paced learning opportunity can be completed any time between now and December 31, 2023!
You decide - finish in two hours or anytime between now and December 31, 2023! You will view an entertaining and engaging 1.25 hour version of the live webinar featuring Raelene Ostberg on the webcam and answer a few questions as you apply the concepts to your care environment. This self-paced course is broken into easy learning segments in your Thinkific course player and it tracks your progress. You can jump on or off as is convenient for you!
- Learn several methods for improving self-control in children 0-8 years
- Gain insight into the development of the higher-level thinking skills needed to increase self-regulation skills in young children
- Explore methods that foster the important “Executive Functions” needed to reduce negative behaviors, increase positive behaviors, and build the child's capacity to succeed socially and academically, in your care, in school, and in life!
- Have fun learning during an engaging pre-recorded webinar with Raelene Ostberg, Master Trainer and Founder of Thriving Together, LLC.
Register today! Simply complete the course by December 31, 2023 and gain your training certificate and, if needed, entry into Develop within one business day of completion!
You gain 2 training hours!
To receive your training hours for this course, you must spend a minimum of 1.75 hours fully completing all survey questions with insight learned during the course, view 100% of the videos, and complete a brief final survey.
Visit the website to see all upcoming courses and on-demand anytime learning opportunities! - https://www.thriving-together.com/webinars
If you need any assistance registering or have questions, simply reach out to Krista, Administrative Director at: email@example.com
100% Approved in Minnesota & Wisconsin
- CDA Content Area VIII: Principles of Child Development and Learning
- MN: KCF Area I: Child Development & Learning (2 Hours)
- Wisc: 1. Child Development (2 Hours)
Participants will receive a training certificate immediately after finishing the course and Develop or Wisconsin Registry entry (if needed) within one business day.
100% of participants recommend our Thinkific on-demand course format!
Recent Online Participant Comments:
- "Raelene was super relatable and gave me so many helpful tips and tools!"
- "I appreciate that the material covered ideas, methods and even examples of how to implement these concepts while working with infants. Thank you for sharing your knowledge and experience with me! I will use this to enhance the care of the children I work with."
- "Great information provided on this topic, experiences I can relate to in my day to day life with childcare and having my own kids."
- "Raelene is really knowledgeable and gives concrete advice that can be used and applied immediately in your classroom."
- “Very informative and convenient since it is online and simple to navigate. We got a lot of information that is extremely useful to parents and educators without the hassle of traveling.”
- "Useful tools and strategies for creating a calmer environment."
- "It was exactly what I was looking for to help me deal with some difficult behaviors in my current group."
- "Uplifting, creates the desire to put into action and watch how it will change the environment."
More about your presenter:
Raelene Ostberg is the Founder of Thriving Together, an organization dedicated to designing and delivering fun, engaging, and inspiring learning experiences to support early childhood educators in their critical work. Raelene spent 25 working with families and 18 years working in early childhood classrooms. She obtained a M.Ed. degree in Family Education and B.A. in Theater from the University of Minnesota. In every class offered at Thriving Together, participants gain hands-on tools they can start applying right away, in a fun and engaging format. Participants love Raelene’s energy, enthusiasm, and theatrical storytelling that bring proven strategies to life. Her two signature online series "Working with Challenging Behaviors" and "Taming Those Terrific Toddlers" have over 10 years of positive reviews with 100% of participants recommending these transformative courses. Raelene is a Motivational Speaker, Achieve Master Trainer, New York State Training and Technical Assistant Professional, Licensed Parent Educator, Curriculum Designer, and Trainer Mentor.
Technology Needed to Attend
- An internet connection – broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE)
- Speakers – built-in or USB plug-in or wireless Bluetooth so you can hear the presentation
This link gives you an overview of what is needed:
Frequently Asked Questions
How long is this course?
This course is designed to qualify for 2-training hours and can be easily completed within that time. It includes approximately 1.25 hours of an edited pre-recorded video from an engaging live presentation by Raelene Ostberg, M.Ed. You watch short video segments, provide your insight or thoughts, and write a few short reflections as you apply the information to your early care environment. To receive your training hours for this course, you must spend a minimum of 1.75 hours fully completing all survey questions with insight learned during the course, view 100% of the videos, and complete a brief final survey.
My life is CRAZY! Do I really have time to take this online course?
Absolutely! This entire course contains short video segments, breaking the content into smaller, more manageable lessons (short course, huge potential impact). You can squeeze in a lesson or two when you have time. Many students watch lessons on their tablet or smart phones while on the go. (Doctor's and therapists' waiting rooms are great for this!)
Will I receive a personalized Certificate of Completion?
YES! Simply complete all course elements and push the “complete” button at the end, and you will have access to your course completion certificate right away. If you have a Develop Account in Minnesota, your attendance will also be entered into Develop within two business days.
Are these approved for Parent aware and/or childcare licensing hours in Develop (Minnesota's early childhood training hours system)?
Yes! All courses we offer have been approved by Develop/MNCPD in Minnesota and for Parent Aware.
Are there group rates for centers/groups of staff?
YES! There are discounts for groups of five or more. Simply write us a note with the course titles and the number of participants, and we will design a proposal just for you!
What if the course doesn't work for me?
We would never want you to be unhappy! If, after completing the course, you aren’t 100% satisfied, we will provide a full refund.
This ticket includes the on-demand, self-paced course: Promoting Self-Control in Young Children. You will have between now and December 31, 2023 to complete the course. Once complete, your certificate will be available and, if needed, Develop entry in Minnesota, within one business day.