Anytime - Anywhere!|
Self-Paced Learning in Your Thinkific Class
Self-Paced Part 1: Preventing Challenging Behaviors by Diminishing the Fuel that is Igniting the Fires
Collect and apply numerous strategies to prevent, reduce, and address the challenging behaviors you experience in order to get the behaviors you want and stop those you don’t.
Date and Time
Anytime - Anywhere!
Self-Paced Learning in Your Thinkific Class
Join the favorite new self-paced learning course: Challenging Behavior Series Part 1: Prevent Challenging Behaviors by Diminishing the Fuel that is Igniting the Fires. This flexible, easy, and engaging self-paced learning opportunity can be completed any time between now and December 31, 2023!
During this engaging and transformative part one, you will
- Learn how typical developmental patterns, stress, trauma, temperament, sleep, and the environment impact children’s behavior and fuel behavior challenges in children aged 3-8 years.
- Collect strategies to directly address the “why” behind the behavior in order to reduce negative behaviors.
- Obtain hands-on teaching tools that will help smooth transitions, build in positive routines, and promote the development of skills the child needs to behave well.
For this self-paced course, view engaging learning segments of a pre-recorded webinar presentation with the presenter on the webcam. Progress through the course in your own time, watching videos, accessing free tools and resources, and providing your insight all in your online classroom.
Complete this self-paced course as YOU wish! This course has engaging and easy learning segments of a pre-recorded webinar presentation with the presenter on the webcam. This course is broken into easy learning segments in your Thinkific course player and it tracks your progress. You can jump on or off as is convenient for you! You decide - finish in two hours right away or take until December 31, 2023. Progress through the course in your own time, watching videos, accessing free tools and resources, and providing your insight all in your online classroom. Once complete, your certificate will be immediately available. If needed, Develop entry in Minnesota or WI Registry in Wisconsin, within one business day.
Register today! Then, we will send you the special link to your special Thinkific classroom as soon as it is complete.
You gain 2-training hours!
To receive your training hours for this course, you must spend a minimum of 1.75 hours fully completing all survey questions with insight learned during the course, viewing 100% of the videos, and completing a brief survey.
Visit the website to see all upcoming courses and on-demand anytime learning opportunities! - https://www.thriving-together.com/webinars If you need any assistance registering or have questions, simply reach out to Krista, Administrative Director at: firstname.lastname@example.org
100% Approved in Minnesota and Wisconsin!
- CDA Content Area III: Positive ways to support children’ social and emotional development (2 hours)
- Minnesota: KCF II.C: Promoting Social and Emotional Development (2 Hrs)
- Wisconsin: 7. Guidance and Nurturing (2 Hours)
Participants will receive a training certificate immediately after finishing the course and Develop or Wisconsin Registry entry (if needed) within one business day.
100% of participants recommend this course (and all of our Thinkific self-paced courses)!
Recent Participant Feedback from the Live Webinar Version:
- "I not only enjoyed the webinar but I was able to utilize the information and start to put the techniques into play. I could see how changing certain aspects of the days schedule to help engage my kids. This is really powerful webinar. Finding the why to behaviors helps us solve the behavior but also can help with keeping the negative behavior away." - Alyssa A., Childcare Provider
- "This online series is a MUST for childcare providers. It really opens your eyes! I've benefited by learning how to positively handle challenging behavior in the classroom!" - Erika E., Childcare Provider
- "I learned so much in this course! I love the interactive aspect of it! I feel like throughout this course I have become a more empathetic teacher. I have become clearer to my children with my words and directions. I also feel like I have gained control of my classroom in all parts of the day. I have a closer more connected relationships with all my kids. I feel like just having these strategies and effectively disciplining the kids I have a mostly smooth running classroom and I have respect from my kids." - Childcare Provider
- "Amazing and life changing series! Struggle to get children to behave how you would like? This is the series that will change it all!" - Teria J., Childcare Provider
- "This was a very informative and helpful course! It has helped me turn my classroom into a smooth running and respectful environment. I still have "those" days and its not perfect but, I feel like I'm more knowledgeable and I have the skills to handle it." - Childcare Provider
More about your presenter:
Raelene Ostberg is the Founder of Thriving Together, an organization dedicated to designing and delivering fun, engaging, and inspiring learning experiences to support early childhood educators in their critical work. Raelene spent 25 working with families and 18 years working in early childhood classrooms. She obtained a M.Ed. in Family Education and B.A. in Theater from the University of Minnesota. In every class offered at Thriving Together, participants gain hands-on tools they can start applying right away, in a fun and engaging format. Participants love Raelene’s energy, enthusiasm, and theatrical storytelling that bring proven strategies to life. Her two signature online series "Working with Challenging Behaviors" and "Taming Those Terrific Toddlers" have over 10 years of positive reviews with 100% of participants recommending these transformative courses. Raelene is a Motivational Speaker, Achieve Master Trainer, New York State Training and Technical Assistant Professional, Licensed Parent Educator, Curriculum Designer, and Trainer Mentor.
Technology Needed to Attend
- An internet connection – broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE)
- Speakers – built-in or USB plug-in or wireless Bluetooth so you can hear the presentation
This link gives you an overview of what is needed: https://support.thinkific.com/hc/en-us/articles/360030354954-System-Requirements-and-Supported-Browsers
Frequently Asked Questions
How long is this course?
This course is designed to qualify for 2-training hours and can be easily completed within that time. It includes approximately 1.25 hours of an edited pre-recorded video from an engaging live presentation by Raelene Ostberg, M.Ed. You watch short video segments, provide your insight or thoughts, and write a few short reflections as you apply the information to your early care environment. To receive your training hours for this course, you must spend a minimum of 1.75 hours fully completing all survey questions with insight learned during the course, viewing 100% of the videos, and completing a brief survey.
My life is CRAZY! Do I really have time to take this online course?
Absolutely! This entire course contains short video segments, breaking the content into smaller, more manageable lessons (short course, huge potential impact). You can squeeze in a lesson or two when you have time. Many students watch lessons on their tablet or smart phones while on the go. (Doctor's and therapists' waiting rooms are great for this!)
Will I receive a personalized Certificate of Completion?
YES! Simply complete all course elements and push the “complete” button at the end, and you will have access to your course completion certificate right away. If you have a Develop Account in Minnesota, your attendance will also be entered into Develop within two business days.
Can I also receive training hours in Develop in Minnesota or the Wisconsin Registry?
Yes! Simply complete all course elements, illustrating what you have learned in the course. After completing your course, you will receive your training hours entered into Develop (MN) and/or the Wisconsin Registry within one business day.
Are there group rates for centers/groups of staff?
YES! There are discounts for groups of five or more. Simply write us a note with the course titles and the number of participants, and we will design a proposal just for you!
What if the course doesn't work for me?
We would never want you to be unhappy! If, after completing the course, you aren’t 100% satisfied, we will provide a full refund.
Part 1 Ticket
This ticket includes the on-demand, self-paced course: Part 1: Prevent Challenging Behaviors by Diminishing the Fuel that is Igniting the Fires. This course will kick off by July 22nd! You will have from July 23rd until December 31, 2023 to complete the course. If needed, Develop entry in Minnesota or WI Registry in Wisconsin, within one business day.$30.00
- Sale ends: Dec 29, 11:59 PM
Special Price on Parts 1 & 2!
This special bundle ticket includes 4-training hours, TWO self-paced learning courses! *Part 1: Preventing Challenging Behaviors by Diminishing the Fuel that is Igniting the Fires *Part 2: Prevent Challenges & Gain Gleeful Cooperation with Positive Communication You will have until December 31, 2023 to complete both courses. Once complete, your certificate will be immediately available. If needed, MN Develop or Wisconsin Registry entry, within one business day.$48.00