Fri, Mar 10|
Zoom Live Webinar with Raelene Ostberg
Promoting Self-Control in Young Children.
Explore methods that foster the important thinking skills needed to reduce negative behaviors, increase positive behaviors, and build the child's capacity to self-regulate.
Date and Time
Mar 10, 2023, 12:00 PM – 2:00 PM CST
Zoom Live Webinar with Raelene Ostberg
Join us for Promoting Self-Control on Friday March 10th from 12:00 - 2:00pm CST.
- Gain insight into the development of the higher-level thinking skills needed for impulse-control and self-regulation.
- Identify adult responses that will promote self-regulation skills.
- Learn a method to teach children how to calm.
- Explore methods that foster the important “Executive Functions” needed to increase positive and reduce negative behaviors and build the child's capacity to succeed socially and academically.
If you need any assistance registering or have questions, simply reach out to Krista, Administrative Director at: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Reminder, during the session, you must not be responsible for the care of young children or driving a car.
Or, visit the website to see all of our upcoming courses and on-demand anytime learning opportunities, visit https://www.thriving-together.com/webinars.
You gain 2 training hours for each webinar!
All participants who fully complete the course will receive a training certificate for 2-training hours for each webinar. To receive your training hours, you will need to log in to Zoom to participate in chats/polls as you apply the concepts to your environment and complete a brief evaluation survey. Participants must not miss more than 15 minutes of the session.
100% Approved in both MN (Develop-MNCPD/Achieve) and NY for 2-training hours (Meet OCFS training requirements, Quality Assured, and count towards NYS Regulatory Training Requirements). Participants from MN and NY will receive entry into Develop or Aspire, if needed, within two business days of completing the course.
You will also LOVE the online learning experience! 100% of attendees recommend!
- "She was very energetic and gave such good examples and situations." - Twyla H., Childcare Provider
- "It was exactly what I was looking for to help me deal with some difficult behaviors in my current group." - Milissa K., Childcare Provider
- "I appreciate that the material covered ideas, methods and even examples of how to implement these concepts while working with infants. Thank you for sharing your knowledge and experience with me! I will use this to enhance the care of the children I work with." - Kristi F., Childcare Provider
- "Raelene was super relatable and gave me so many helpful tips and tools!" - Childcare Provider
- “Very informative and convenient since it is online and simple to navigate. We got a lot of information that is extremely useful to parents and educators without the hassle of traveling.” - Childcare Provider
- "AHHMAZING as always!! Love the intuitive info and energy you bring to the table!!! So real and down to earth!! Thank you Raelene!!" - Jennifer D., Childcare Provider
- "I would highly recommend anyone who works with young children to take this webinar." - Jessica C., Childcare Provider
- Are these trainings approved in Develop and Aspire? YES! All of our live webinars are approved in Develop/MNCPD-Achieve and Aspire (All Meet OCFS training requirements, Quality Assured, and count towards NYS Regulatory Training Requirements)
- How long does Develop/Aspire entry take? Develop/Aspire entry occurs within 1 business day after you finish the course survey.
- Do you offer a discount for groups? Yes! If you sign up five or more, we give an additional 10% of the series rate.
- Do you have a self-paced learning option? YES! We also offer the Promoting Self Control in Young Children course “as you wish”. This fun and easy learning format is recommended by 100% of participants! Find out more here and/or watch an informational video at: https://www.thriving-together.com/on-demand
More about your presenter:
Raelene Ostberg is the Founder of Thriving Together, an organization dedicated to designing and delivering fun, engaging, and inspiring learning experiences to support early childhood educators in their critical work. Raelene spent 25 working with families and 18 years working in early childhood classrooms. She obtained a M.Ed. degree in Family Education and B.A. in Theater from the University of Minnesota. In every class offered at Thriving Together, participants gain hands-on tools they can start applying right away, in a fun and engaging format. Participants love Raelene’s energy, enthusiasm, and theatrical storytelling that bring proven strategies to life. Her two signature online series "Working with Challenging Behaviors" and "Taming Those Terrific Toddlers" have over 10 years of positive reviews with 100% of participants recommending these transformative courses. Raelene is a Motivational Speaker, Achieve Master Trainer, New York State Training and Technical Assistant Professional, Licensed Parent Educator, Curriculum Designer, and Trainer Mentor.
Worried about the tech?
- If needed, set up a time to test your connection before that day to go over any questions or concerns you might have by emailing Krista, Administrative Director at: email@example.com
- If you are unfamiliar with the format, join Raelene five minutes before the webinar to go over the course expectations or view the video at https://youtu.be/b169sCfhtkg
These interactive live webinars are offered through Zoom Webinar. You simply need
- Download the "Zoom Client for Meetings" App at https://zoom.us/download
- An internet connection – broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE)
- Speakers – built-in or USB plug-in or wireless Bluetooth (you will not need a webcam or microphone as you will not be seen or heard) - To find out more about this wonderful online learning format, view this video!
You will not be seen or heard, so you do not need a microphone or video/webcam capability. Mostly just an internet connected device (works great on desk top, lap top, or tablet/Ipad!)
During this live, easy and engaging learning format, you will
- Have fun learning while you gain useful strategies you can use today with the young children you care for.
- Hear an engaging live presentation by Raelene Ostberg, Master Trainer and Founder of Thriving Together, on a live webcam with an insightful powerpoint presentation.
- Participate in interactive polls, chats, and a problem-solving session.
- Lower your stress, increase your success, and enhance your joy while caring for young children
- NOTE: *You will not be seen or heard (so you can even be in your pjs!)
We look forward to learning with you!
- Ticket type
Part 1 on 3/10
This ticket includes Part 1: Promoting Self-Control on 3/10 only.Price$25.00Sale ended
- Ticket type
Discount for 5 or more staff
Early childhood centers may use this ticket when purchasing a minimum of five spots. Add five or more tickets, specify the names of the team members, and you will get the discounted price of $20.00 each.Price$20.00