Fri, Sep 02|
Zoom Live Webinar with Raelene Ostberg
Promoting Self-Control & Attention Skills in Young Children
Explore methods that foster the important skills children need to reduce negative behaviors, increase positive behaviors, and build the child's capacity to succeed.
Date and Time
Sep 02, 2022, 9:00 AM – 1:30 PM CDT
Zoom Live Webinar with Raelene Ostberg
Have you observed young children cannot seem to control their impulses and end up biting, hitting, kicking, and other negative behaviors? Do you have children in your care who have trouble with paying attention? Do you wonder why some children seem to be so much better at regulating their behavior than others?
If so, join us for Promoting Self-Control and Attention Skills in Young Children on September 2 from 9:00 am - 1:30 pm CST (10am ET). Or if preferred, join part 1 only from 9:00 am - 11:00 am CST (10-12pm ET).
In Part 1, you will
- Discover the important elements of self-control and how it develops
- Identify methods that foster the important thinking skills known as our “Executive Functions” which are needed to override unhelpful impulses and make better choices
- Collect resources and strategies to help build these skills in the children you care for
Then, in Part 2 after a 30 minute break, we will
- Go deeper into what you can do in your early childhood environment to promote impulse-control and attention skills.
- Collect hands-on tools, and fun activities you can implement to encourage the development of impulse control and attention skills
Every participant who fully completes both courses will receive an early childhood training hours certificate for 2-training hours for each webinar (4-training hours total).
The tools you gain will help build children's capacity to succeed socially and academically, in your care, in school, and in life. We hope you can join us for this fun and informative learning opportunity!
You gain 4 training hours!
To receive your training hours for this course, you must fully participate (you may not miss more than 15 minutes of the webinar) and complete a brief survey.
The live version is 100% Approved for both MN and NY for 4-training hours.
(Minnesota) Approved for KCF I: Child Development and Learning (4.00 hrs)
(New York) Approved for Child Growth and Development (4.00 hrs)
*Counts towards NYS Regulatory Training Requirements and Quality Assured
If you need any assistance registering or have questions, simply reach out to Krista, Administrative Director at: email@example.com Visit the website to see all upcoming courses and on-demand anytime learning opportunities! - https://www.thriving-together.com/webinars
- Are these trainings approved in Develop and Aspire? YES! All of our live webinars are approved in Develop/MNCPD-Achieve and Aspire (All are considered "Quality Assured" trainings that count toward NYS regulatory training requirements.)
- How long does Develop/Aspire entry take? Develop/Aspire entry occurs within 1 business day after you finish the course survey.
- Do you offer a discount for groups? Yes! If you sign up five or more, we give an additional 10% of the series rate.
- Do you have a self-paced learning option? YES! We also offer the Promoting Self Control in Young Children course “as you wish”. This fun and easy learning format is recommended by 100% of participants! Find out more here and/or watch an informational video at: https://www.thriving-together.com/on-demand
You will also LOVE the online learning experience! 100% of attendees recommended both Part 1 & Part 2!
- She was very energetic and gave such good examples and situations. - Twyla H., Childcare Provider
- It was exactly what I was looking for to help me deal with some difficult behaviors in my current group. - Milissa K., Childcare Provider
- "I appreciate that the material covered ideas, methods and even examples of how to implement these concepts while working with infants. Thank you for sharing your knowledge and experience with me! I will use this to enhance the care of the children I work with." - Kristi F., Childcare Provider
- "Raelene was super relatable and gave me so many helpful tips and tools!"
- “Very informative and convenient since it is online and simple to navigate. We got a lot of information that is extremely useful to parents and educators without the hassle of traveling.”
- AHHMAZING as always!! Love the intuitive info and energy you bring to the table!!! So real and down to earth!! Thank you Raelene!! - Jennifer D., Childcare Provider
- I would highly recommend anyone who works with young children to take this webinar. - Jessica C., Childcare Provider
Worried about the tech?
- If needed, set up a time to test your connection before that day to go over any questions or concerns you might have by emailing Krista, Administrative Director at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are unfamiliar with the format, join Raelene five minutes before the webinar to go over the course expectations or view the video at https://youtu.be/b169sCfhtkg
These interactive live webinars are offered through Zoom Webinar. You simply need
- Download the "Zoom Client for Meetings" App at https://zoom.us/download
- An internet connection – broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE)
- Speakers – built-in or USB plug-in or wireless Bluetooth (you will not need a webcam or microphone as you will not be seen or heard) - To find out more about this wonderful online learning format, view this video!
You will not be seen or heard, so you do not need a microphone or video/webcam capability. Mostly just an internet connected device (works great on desk top, lap top, or tablet/Ipad!)
During this live, easy and engaging learning format, you will
- Have fun learning while you gain useful strategies you can use today with the young children you care for.
- Hear an engaging live presentation by Raelene Ostberg, Master Trainer and Founder of Thriving Together, on a live webcam with an insightful powerpoint presentation.
- Participate in interactive polls, chats, and a problem-solving session.
- Lower your stress, increase your success, and enhance your joy while caring for young children
- NOTE: *You will not be seen or heard (so you can even be in your pjs!)
We look forward to learning with you!