Tue, Oct 24|
Live Zoom Webinar with Raelene Ostberg
Part 4: Five MORE Helpful Positive Discipline Tools to Address Persistent Challenging Behaviors
Identify five helpful strategies for addressing challenging behaviors when they occur, redirect negative behavior, and increase positive behavior!
Date and Time
Oct 24, 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM CDT
Live Zoom Webinar with Raelene Ostberg
Join us for Part 4: Five MORE Helpful Positive Discipline Tools to Address Persistent Challenging Behaviors on Tuesday October 24th from 6:30-8:30pm CST! Take Part four on it's own or attend the entire series (each course builds on the one before - more information below).
- Explore five positive discipline techniques and apply them to common challenges exhibited by children 3-8 years such as talking back, being mean to others, and not listening.
- Explore top tips for using logical consequences and breaks in a way that gains cooperation but also helps children learn to make better choices in the future and realize their great power to influence their own outcomes in a positive way.
- Have fun and get inspired listening to entertaining and real-life stories that show the strategies in action with Raelene Ostberg, Expert Trainer and Founder of Thriving Together, on a live webcam with an insightful powerpoint presentation. NOTE: *You will not be seen or heard (so you can even be in your pjs!)
- You gain a certificate for 2-training hours for each webinar! All participants who fully complete the course will receive a training certificate for 2-training hours. To receive your training hours, you will need to log in to Zoom to participate in chats/polls as you apply the concepts to your environment and complete a brief evaluation survey. Participants must not miss more than 15 minutes of the session. During the session, you must not be responsible for the care of young children or driving a car.
- Lower your stress, increase your success, and enhance your joy while caring for young children.
100% Approved in MN (Develop-MNCPD/Achieve), NY (Meets OCFS training requirements, Quality Assured, and count towards NYS Regulatory Training Requirements) and WI (Wisconsin Registry) for 2-training hours. Participants from MN, NY and WI will receive entry into Develop, Aspire, or the WI Registry if needed, within one business day of completing the course.
CDA Content Area III: Positive ways to support children’ social and emotional development (2Hrs)
(Minnesota) II.C: Promoting Social and Emotional Development (2 Hrs)
(Wisconsin) Approved for Area 7: Guidance and Nurturing (2 Hrs)
(New York) Approved for Environment and Curriculum (2 Hrs)
If you need any assistance registering or have questions, simply reach out to Krista, Administrative Director at: email@example.com
Visit the website to see all upcoming courses and on-demand anytime learning opportunities! - https://www.thriving-together.com/webinars
100% of attendees recommended this series! You will also LOVE the Challenging Behavior Series online learning experience!
- "I not only enjoyed the webinar but I was able to utilize the information and start to put the techniques into play. I could see how changing certain aspects of the days schedule to help engage my kids. This is really powerful webinar. Finding the why to behaviors helps us solve the behavior but also can help with keeping the negative behavior away." - Alyssa A., Childcare Provider
- "This online series is a MUST for childcare providers. It really opens your eyes! I've benefited by learning how to positively handle challenging behavior in the classroom!" - Erika E., Childcare Provider
- "I learned so much in this course! I love the interactive aspect of it! I feel like throughout this course I have become a more empathetic teacher. I have become clearer to my children with my words and directions. I also feel like I have gained control of my classroom in all parts of the day. I have a closer more connected relationships with all my kids. I feel like just having these strategies and effectively disciplining the kids I have a mostly smooth running classroom and I have respect from my kids." - Childcare Provider
- "Amazing and life-changing series! Struggle to get children to behave how you would like? This is the series that will change it all!" - Teria J., Childcare Provider
- "This was a very informative and helpful course! It has helped me turn my classroom into a smooth running and respectful environment. I still have "those" days and its not perfect but, I feel like I'm more knowledgeable and I have the skills to handle it." - Childcare Provider
- Are these trainings approved in Develop, WI Registry and Aspire? YES! All of our live webinars are approved in Develop/MNCPD-Achieve, WI Registry and Aspire (All Meet OCFS training requirements, Quality Assured, and count towards NYS Regulatory Training Requirements)
- How long does Develop/WI Registry/Aspire entry take? Develop/WI Registry/Aspire entry occurs within one business day after you finish the course survey.
- Do you offer a discount for groups? Yes! If you sign up five or more, we give an additional 10% of the series rate.
Tuesday, October 3rd (6:30pm - 8:30 pm CST)
Learn how typical developmental patterns, stress, trauma, temperament, sleep, and the environment impact children’s behavior and fuel behavior challenges in children age 3-8 years. Obtain hands-on teaching tools that will help smooth transitions, build in positive routines, and promote the development of skills the child needs in order to behave well.
Tuesday, October 10th (6:30pm - 8:30 pm CST)
Explore positive communication techniques that will minimize challenges and successfully redirect negative behaviors while building your relationship with the child. Utilize a positive behavior intervention cheat sheet as a support tool to collect and apply numerous strategies to a common challenge.
Tuesday, October 17th (6:30pm - 8:30 pm CST)
Explore caregiving approaches that promote respectful behavior, reduce challenging behaviors, and help maintain your valuable connection with children 3-8 years. Identify five helpful strategies for addressing challenging behaviors when they occur, redirect negative behavior, and increase positive behavior.
Tuesday, October 24th (6:30pm - 8:30 pm CST)
Part 4: Five MORE Helpful Positive Discipline Tools to Address Persistent Challenging Behaviors.
Explore five positive discipline techniques and apply them to common challenges exhibited by children 3-8 years such as talking back, being mean to others, and not listening. Explore top tips for using logical consequences and breaks in a way that gains cooperation but also helps children learn to make better choices in the future and realize their great power to influence their own outcomes in a positive way.
We hope you can join us for this fun and informative learning opportunity!
More about your presenter:
Raelene Ostberg is the Founder of Thriving Together, an organization dedicated to designing and delivering fun, engaging, and inspiring learning experiences to support early childhood educators in their critical work. Raelene spent 25 working with families and 18 years working in early childhood classrooms. She obtained a M.Ed. degree in Family Education and B.A. in Theater from the University of Minnesota. In every class offered at Thriving Together, participants gain hands-on tools they can start applying right away, in a fun and engaging format. Participants love Raelene’s energy, enthusiasm, and theatrical storytelling that bring proven strategies to life. Her two signature online series "Working with Challenging Behaviors" and "Taming Those Terrific Toddlers" have over 10 years of positive reviews with 100% of participants recommending these transformative courses. Raelene is a Motivational Speaker, Achieve Master Trainer, New York State Training and Technical Assistant Professional, Licensed Parent Educator, Curriculum Designer, and Trainer Mentor.
Worried about the tech?
- If needed, set up a time to test your connection before that day to go over any questions or concerns you might have by emailing Krista, Administrative Director at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are unfamiliar with the format, join Raelene five minutes before the webinar to go over the course expectations or view the video at https://youtu.be/b169sCfhtkg
To participate in these interactive live Zoom webinars, you simply need
- Zoom App: Download the latest "Zoom Client for Meetings" App at https://zoom.us/download
- Internet connection: You need Broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE) - Note, Zoom requirements periodically change. Please visit https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362023-Zoom-system-requirements-Windows-macOS-Linux for the latest.
- Speakers: The presenter is on the webcam so you will need need built-in or USB plug-in or wireless Bluetooth in order to hear the presentation.
- Computer or Tablet screen: For this live webinar, the larger the screen the better. It works great on a desktop, laptop, or tablet. A phone is not recommended.
You will not be seen or heard, so you do not need a microphone or video/webcam capability. To find out more about this wonderful online learning format, view the video at - https://youtu.be/b169sCfhtkg
We look forward to learning with you!
Special on Entire Series!
Oct 03, 6:25 PM CDT
This ticket includes the entire series (8 hours!) Part 1 - Oct 3, 2023 Prevent Challenging Behaviors by Diminishing the Fuel that is Igniting the Fires. Part 2 - Oct 10, 2023 Prevent Challenges and Gain Gleeful Cooperation with Positive Communication Techniques That Work! Part 3 - Oct 17, 2023 Five Powerful Techniques to Successfully Redirect Challenging Behaviors When They Occur. Part 4 - Oct 24, 2023 Five MORE Helpful Positive Discipline Tools to Address Persistent Challenging Behavior
Regular Rate - Part 4 Only
Oct 24, 6:25 PM CDT
This ticket includes Part 4 only on Oct 24 from 6:30pm - 8:30 pm CST (Minnesota) Approved for II.C: Promoting Social and Emotional Development (2 Hrs). (New York) Approved for Environment and Curriculum (2 Hrs). (Wisconsin) Approved for 7. Guidance and Nurturing (2 Hrs)
NY EIP Scholarship - Part 4
Oct 24, 6:25 PM CDT
This session will be free for New York participants who are applying for and get approved for the EIP Scholarship at https://www.ecetp.pdp.albany.edu/index.aspx. The final cost for this special ticket is the $25 rate. It is for Part 4 on Oct 24 from 6:30pm-8:30pm CST only. Once approved and accepted for EIP scholarship, your attendance certificate will be emailed and your attendance will be entered into Aspire.
Special on Parts 3 and 4!
Oct 17, 6:25 PM CDT
This ticket includes: Part 3 - Oct 17 from 6:30pm - 8:30pm CST Five Powerful Techniques to Successfully Redirect Challenging Behaviors When They Occur. Part 4 - Oct 24 from 6:30pm - 8:30 pm CST Five MORE Helpful Positive Discipline Tools to Address Persistent Challenging Behavior. (Minnesota) Approved for II.C: Promoting Social and Emotional Development (2 Hrs). (New York) Approved for Environment and Curriculum (2 Hrs). (Wisconsin) Approved for 7. Guidance and Nurturing (2 Hrs)