Your Learning - Your Time!
On-Demand Course: Taming Those Terrific Toddlers 3! Guidance methods for toddlers who just won’t listen!
Join us for Part 3: Guidance methods for toddlers who just won’t listen! Sign up today and then take this course "As you wish" any day or time between now and December 31, 2023!
Date and Time
Your Learning - Your Time!
This informative, fun, and flexible learning opportunity is truly learning "as you wish"! You decide - finish in less than two hours between now and December 31, 2023 or take the course bit by bit. This self-paced course is broken into easy short learning segments in your Thinkific course player and it tracks your progress. You can jump on or off as is convenient for you!
During the course, you will view an edited version of the engaging live webinar featuring Raelene Ostberg on the webcam and answer a few questions as you apply the concepts to your care environment.
- Identify four wonderfully creative ways to gain toddler cooperation
- Collect eight effective toddler guidance strategies you can use when persistent toddlers just won't stop
- Apply the methods learned to address negative behaviors you experienee
- Gain an insightful cheat sheet that has participant ideas for how these strategies apply to every day life with toddlers.
Now available! Toddler's Series available On Demand! Take one, two or all three of the Taming Those Terrific Toddlers series, at your own pace! In the series, you will build a toolbox full of toddler-specific strategies that will get them to DO the helpful behaviors you want and STOP the negative behaviors disrupting calm in your early childhood setting.
You gain 2 training hours!
To receive your training hours for this course, you must spend a minimum of 1.75 hours fully completing all survey questions with insight learned during the course, view 100% of the videos, and complete a brief final survey.
Visit the website to see all upcoming courses and on-demand anytime learning opportunities! - https://www.thriving-together.com/webinars
If you need any assistance registering or have questions, simply reach out to Krista, Administrative Director at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Part 1: Taming Those Terrific Todders: Why do they DO that?!
KCF Area I: Child Development
Discover three top tips to prevent challenging toddler behaviors as you promote optimal growth and development.
Part 2: Taming Those Terrific Toddlers: Getting Toddlers to Follow your Limits
*KCF Area II.C: Promoting Social and Emotional Development
Identify top tips for setting effective limits with toddlers and to get toddlers to follow your direction!
Part 3: Taming Those Terrific Toddlers: Guidance Methods for Toddlers who just won't listen
*KCF Area II.C: Promoting Social and Emotional Development
Identify four wonderfully creative ways to gain toddler cooperation. Apply eight effective toddler guidance strategies you can use when all your prevention and positive communication attempts are still not working. Apply the methods learned to address negative behaviors such as biting, screaming, and throwing.
100% Parent-Aware and Develop Approved!
Part 1: KCF Area I: Child Development (2 hours)
Parts 2 & 3: KCF Area II.C: Promoting Social and Emotional Development
*Qualifies for CDA Content Area III: Positive ways to support childrens' social and emotional developement (2 hours)
Participants will receive a training certificate upon course completion and entry into Develop, if needed, within one business day.
Participants will receive a training certificate immediately after finishing the course and Develop entry (if needed) within one business day.
100% of participants recommend our Thinkific on-demand courses!
- "Loads of information and ideas, so easy to complete at my own pace and time frame. Thank you! It was wonderful...I'll be back!" Lisa S., Childcare Provider
- "It is extremely convenient, easy to follow, in-depth and the instructor is super knowledgeable and fun to listen to! Sam H., Childcare Provider
- "I appreciated how you could sign up and get a link and come on to do all of it or some of it. It was useful how you could go back to the videos if you wanted it and see what percent you have done." Sara L., Childcare Provider
Recent Taming Those Terrific Toddler 3 Live Webinar Feedback
- "You NEED to take this course if you teach or love a toddler... you will walk away ready to try the strategies learned and to be a more effective educator or parent! And the strategies work! I am already utilizing them in my classroom and it's wonderful!"
- "This was very fun, entertaining and very informative"
- "Great Class. If you have toddlers in your care, TAKE THIS CLASS!"
- "Such an amazing trainer! Very positive and knowledgeable. Very energetic and positive. Has so much experience to share and to make the topic understandable."
- "The online series is great for picking up and putting more strategies in your tool box. You receive more ideas, ways of teaching these wonderful kiddos (toddlers). Also, for yourself, you learn you are not alone. We can all work together to gather new ideas, and what has worked for you, and now I can try that."
- "Thank you for the three great amazing classes! I had a lot of fun and learned a lot and look forward to more classes with you."
More about your presenter:
Raelene Ostberg is the Founder of and Keynote Speaker for Thriving Together. Raelene started her journey as a struggling parent of a toddler. Like so many parents and providers, she would tell her toddler “NO!” in one hundred different ways, only to see the behavior continue and maybe even intensify. Thankfully, Raelene was given the cherished opportunity to work with skilled toddler teachers in toddler classrooms at Early Childhood Family Education. Raelene has spent 15 years in toddler classrooms and obtained a Masters degree in Family Education from the University of Minnesota. Over the years, Raelene collected numerous toddler-specific strategies to get the behaviors she needed and stop those driving her BANANAS! The Taming Those Terrific Toddler series includes Raelene's entire collection of helpful strategies (and entertaining stories of success and failure to match).
Frequently Asked Questions
How long is a Course?
This course is designed to qualify for 2-training hours and can be easily completed within that time. It includes approximately 1.25 hours of an edited pre-recorded video from an engaging live presentation by Raelene Ostberg, M.Ed. You watch short video segments, provide your insight or thoughts, and write a few short reflections as you apply the information to your early care environment. To receive your training hours for this course, you must spend a minimum of 1.75 hours fully completing all survey questions with insight learned during the course, view 100% of the videos, and complete a brief final survey.
My life is CRAZY! Do I really have time to take this online course?
Absolutely! This entire course contains short video segments, breaking the content into smaller, more manageable lessons (short course, huge potential impact). You can squeeze in a lesson or two when you have time. Many students watch lessons on their tablet or smart phones while on the go. (Doctor's and therapists' waiting rooms are great for this!)
Will I receive a certificate of completion?
YES! Simply complete all course elements and push the “complete” button at the end, and you will have access to your course completion certificate right away. If you have a Develop Account in Minnesota, your attendance will also be entered into Develop within two business days.
Are these approved for Parent aware and/or childcare licensing hours in Develop (Minnesota's early childhood training hours system)?
Yes! All courses we offer have been approved by Develop/MNCPD in Minnesota and for Parent Aware.
Are there group rates for centers/groups of staff?
YES! There are discounts for groups of five or more. Simply write us a note with the course titles and the number of participants, and we will design a proposal just for you!
What if the course doesn't work for me?
We would never want you to be unhappy! If, after completing the course, you aren’t 100% satisfied, we will provide a full refund.
Are there any tech requirements for this on-demand course?
Thinkific is continually making these classes more accessible for participants. Visit their website to learn about the latest requirements at https://support.thinkific.com/hc/en-us/articles/360030354954-System-Requirements-and-Supported-Browsers. You will need
- An internet connection – broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE)
- Speakers – built-in or USB plug-in or wireless Bluetooth so you can hear the presentation
On-Demand Toddler 3 Ticket
This ticket is for the self-paced learning course "Taming Those Terrific Toddlers Part 3: Guidance Methods for Toddlers who just won't listen. You may complete your course any time between now and December 31, 2023. Enjoy learning in your own time, bit by bit or all at once. In under two hours, you are FINISHED! Woohoo!