Mon, Jan 02|
Self-Paced Learning in Your Thinkific Class
On-Demand Course: Promoting Self-Control in Young Children
Explore methods that foster the important “Executive Functions” needed to reduce negative behaviors, increase positive behaviors, and build the child's capacity to succeed.
Date and Time
Jan 02, 2023, 1:29 PM – 1:34 PM
Self-Paced Learning in Your Thinkific Class
You decide - finish in two hours or take the until the end of December! You will view an entertaining and engaging 1.25 hour version of the live webinar featuring Raelene Ostberg on the webcam and answer a few questions as you apply the concepts to your care environment. This self-paced course is broken into easy learning segments in your Thinkific course player and it tracks your progress. You can jump on or off as is convenient for you!
- Learn several methods for improving self-control in children 0-8 years
- Gain insight into the development of the higher-level thinking skills needed to increase self-regulation skills in young children
- Explore methods that foster the important “Executive Functions” needed to reduce negative behaviors, increase positive behaviors, and build the child's capacity to succeed socially and academically, in your care, in school, and in life!
- Have fun learning during an engaging pre-recorded webinar with Raelene Ostberg, Master Trainer and Founder of Thriving Together, LLC.
Register today! Simply complete the course by December 31, 2022 and gain your training certificate and, if needed, entry into Develop within one business day of completion!
You gain 2 training hours!
To receive your training hours for this course, you must spend a minimum of 1.75 hours fully completing all survey answers, viewing 100% of the videos, and completing a brief survey.
Visit the website to see all upcoming courses and on-demand anytime learning opportunities! - https://www.thriving-together.com/webinars
If you need any assistance registering or have questions, simply reach out to Krista, Administrative Director at: firstname.lastname@example.org
100% Approved in Minnesota
*KCF Area I: Child Development & Learning
*Qualifies for CDA Content Area VIII: Principles of Child Development and Learning
Participants will receive a training certificate immediately after finishing the course and Develop entry (if needed) within one business day.
100% of participants recommend our Thinkific on-demand course format!
Recent Online Participant Comments:
- "Raelene was super relatable and gave me so many helpful tips and tools!"
- "I appreciate that the material covered ideas, methods and even examples of how to implement these concepts while working with infants. Thank you for sharing your knowledge and experience with me! I will use this to enhance the care of the children I work with."
- "Great information provided on this topic, experiences I can relate to in my day to day life with childcare and having my own kids."
- "Raelene is really knowledgeable and gives concrete advice that can be used and applied immediately in your classroom."
- “Very informative and convenient since it is online and simple to navigate. We got a lot of information that is extremely useful to parents and educators without the hassle of traveling.”
- "Useful tools and strategies for creating a calmer environment."
- "It was exactly what I was looking for to help me deal with some difficult behaviors in my current group."
- "Uplifting, creates the desire to put into action and watch how it will change the environment."
Technology Needed to Attend
- An internet connection – broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE)
- Speakers – built-in or USB plug-in or wireless Bluetooth so you can hear the presentation
This link gives you an overview of what is needed:
Frequently Asked Questions
How long is this course?
This course is designed to qualify for 2-training hours and can be easily completed within that time. It includes approximately 1.25 hours of an edited pre-recorded video from an engaging live presentation by Raelene Ostberg, M.Ed. You watch short video segments, provide your insight or thoughts, and write a few short reflections as you apply the information to your early care environment. To gain training hours, Participants must fully complete all answers to the questions and spend a minimum of 90 minutes in the course.
My life is CRAZY! Do I really have time to take this online course?
Absolutely! This entire course contains short video segments, breaking the content into smaller, more manageable lessons (short course, huge potential impact). You can squeeze in a lesson or two when you have time. Many students watch lessons on their tablet or smart phones while on the go. (Doctor's and therapists' waiting rooms are great for this!)
Will I receive a personalized Certificate of Completion?
YES! Simply complete all course elements and push the “complete” button at the end, and you will have access to your course completion certificate right away. If you have a Develop Account in Minnesota, your attendance will also be entered into Develop within two business days.
Are these approved for Parent aware and/or childcare licensing hours in Develop (Minnesota's early childhood training hours system)?
Yes! All courses we offer have been approved by Develop/MNCPD in Minnesota and for Parent Aware.
Are there group rates for centers/groups of staff?
YES! There are discounts for groups of five or more. Simply write us a note with the course titles and the number of participants, and we will design a proposal just for you!
What if the course doesn't work for me?
We would never want you to be unhappy! If, after completing the course, you aren’t 100% satisfied, we will provide a full refund.