On-Demand Course: Promoting Self-Control in Young Children
Date and Time
Need flexible learning you can complete at your own pace? Join this engaging self-paced learning opportunity this May and June!
This informative and fun flexible learning opportunity will be available from May 7th until June 30th. You decide - finish in two hours or take the until the end of June! You will view an excellent 1.25 hour version of the engaging live webinar presentation featuring Raelene Ostberg on the webcam and answer a few questions as you apply the concepts to your care environment. This self-paced course is broken into easy learning segments in your Thinkific course player and it tracks your progress. You can jump on or off as is convenient for you!
- Learn several methods for improving self-control in children 0-8 years
- Gain insight into the development of the higher-level thinking skills needed to increase self-regulation skills in young children
- Explore methods that foster the important “Executive Functions” needed to reduce negative behaviors, increase positive behaviors, and build the child's capacity to succeed socially and academically, in your care, in school, and in life!
- Have fun learning during an engaging pre-recorded webinar with Raelene Ostberg, Master Trainer and Founder of Thriving Together, LLC.
Register today! Then, we will send you the special link to your special Thinkific class by May 8th. Simply complete the course by June 30th and gain your training certificate and, if needed, entry into Develop within one business day of completion!
100% Approved in Minnesota
*KCF Area I: Child Development & Learning
*Qualifies for CDA Content Area VIII: Principles of Child Development and Learning
Participants will receive a training certificate (and entry into Develop, if needed) within one business day after attending the full webinar, participating, and filling out the short post-webinar survey. For training hours, you will need to participate in chats, polls, and a question/answer time as you apply the concepts to your environment.
100% of participants recommend our Thinkific on-demand course format!
Recent Online Participant Comments:
- "Raelene was super relatable and gave me so many helpful tips and tools!"
- "I appreciate that the material covered ideas, methods and even examples of how to implement these concepts while working with infants. Thank you for sharing your knowledge and experience with me! I will use this to enhance the care of the children I work with."
- "Great information provided on this topic, experiences I can relate to in my day to day life with childcare and having my own kids."
- "Raelene is really knowledgeable and gives concrete advice that can be used and applied immediately in your classroom."
- “Very informative and convenient since it is online and simple to navigate. We got a lot of information that is extremely useful to parents and educators without the hassle of traveling.”
- "Useful tools and strategies for creating a calmer environment."
- "It was exactly what I was looking for to help me deal with some difficult behaviors in my current group."
- "Uplifting, creates the desire to put into action and watch how it will change the environment."
Technology Needed to Attend
- An internet connection – broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE)
- Speakers – built-in or USB plug-in or wireless Bluetooth so you can hear the presentaion
This link gives you an overview of what is needed:
During these live, easy and engaging learning format, you will
- View a recording of an engaging live presentation by Raelene Ostberg, Master Trainer and Founder of Thriving Together, with an insightful powerpoint presentation.
- Lower your stress, increase your success, and enhance your joy while caring for young children
- NOTE: *You will not be seen or heard (so you can even be in your pjs!)
Frequently Asked Questions
How long is this course?
This course is designed to qualify for two training hours and can be completed within that time. The course includes approximately 1.5 hours of an edited, pre-recorded video from a fun live presentation by Raelene Ostberg, M.Ed. The remaining 30 minutes involves watching videos illustrating the concepts, and providing your own short reflections and insights as to how you will apply the information to your early care environment.
Do I receive training hours in Develop? (Minnesota's early childhood training hours system)
Yes! Simply complete all course elements, illustrating what you have learned in the course. After completing your course, you will receive your training hours entered into Develop within one business day.
My life is CRAZY! Do I really have time to take this online course?
Absolutely! This course contains short video segments, breaking the content into smaller, more manageable lessons (short course, but a huge potential impact). You can squeeze in a lesson or two as you have time. Many students watch lessons on their tablet or smart phones while on the go (doctor's and therapists' waiting rooms are great for this!)
How long do I have to complete a course?
You can complete the course any time in the month of May (completing the course by May 31st at 11:59pm CST. You can take the course in little bits or do it all at once – whatever works best for you.
Will I receive a personalized Certificate of Completion?
YES! Simply complete all course elements, illustrating what you are learning in the course. After fully completing your course, you will receive your certificate within one business day. If you have a Develop Account in Minnesota, your attendance will also be entered into Develop.
Are there group rates for centers/groups of staff?
YES! There are discounts for both multiple course signup and groups of five or more.
Simply drop us a note specifying the course titles and number of participants and we will design a proposal just for you.
What if the course doesn't work for me?
We do not want you to be unhappy. If you are unsatisfied with your purchase, contact us within 7 days and you will get a full refund.
Are there any tech requirements for this on-demand course?
Thinkific is continually making these classes more accessible for participants. Visit their website to learn about the latest requirements at https://support.thinkific.com/hc/en-us/articles/360030354954-System-Requirements-and-Supported-Browsers
- Summer SUPER Special!$20$200$0