Tue, Nov 02|
Zoom Live Webinar with Raelene Ostberg
MORE! Strategies, Tips and Tools to Foster Self-Control & Attention Skills
Explore many adult responses, hands-on tools, and fun activities you can implement to encourage the development of impulse-control and attention skills!
Date and Time
Nov 02, 2021, 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM
Zoom Live Webinar with Raelene Ostberg
During this interactive and engaging online webinar, you will
- Explore many adult responses, hands-on tools, and fun activities you can implement to encourage the development of impulse control and attention skills
- Discover strategies to help young children improve self-discipline and develop the attention skills needed to behave well.
- Problem-solve a common challenge and gain solutions you can use right away!
- Have fun learning with others who care for young children during this engaging online webinar with Raelene Ostberg, Master Trainer and Founder of Thriving Together, LLC.)
YOU CHOOSE - Take Part 1, Part 2 or BOTH!
#1 - "Promoting Self-Control in Young Children" on October 26
#2 - "MORE! Strategies, Tips, and Tools to Promote Impulse Control" on November 2
Part 1: Promoting Self-Control in Young Children (10/26)
Explore methods that foster the important “Executive Functions” needed to increase positive and reduce negative behaviors and build the child's capacity to succeed socially and academically, in your care, in school, and in life.
Part 2: MORE! Strategies, Tips and Tools to Foster Self-Control & Attention Skills (11/02)
Explore many adult responses, hands-on tools, and fun activities you can implement to encourage the development of impulse control and attention skills.
100% Approved in Minnesota
*KCF Area I: Child Development & Learning
*Qualifies for CDA Content Area VIII: Principles of Child Development and Learning
Participants will receive a training certificate (and entry into Develop, if needed) within 24 hours of attending the full webinar, participating, and filling out the short post-webinar survey. For training hours, you will need to participate in chats, polls, and a question/answer time as you apply the concepts to your environment.
100% of participants recommend this online class!
Feedback from participants of this class:
- "Thank you for giving me some new ideas! I've been a Childcare Provider for 30 years now and its always fun to get some new ideas!" Brenda, Childcare Provider
- "This is a great webinar, very informative and packed with useful information for any type of childcare setting." Jessica, Childcare Provider
- "Raelene is an amazing teacher, great at keeping you involved and very knowledgeable." Roxanne, Childcare Provider
- "It was a great webinar that provided a lot of fun and useful ways to help children develop self control. A lot of the activities I wanted to instantly start using as they would be very helpful to the children in my care and my own children." Amy, Childcare Provider
- "Raelene was very enthusiastic and full of energy and knowledge. The two hours went extremely fast! Great games and ideas to do with children and Raelene was very energized and engaging!" Marge, Director
- "Raelene made this training so very fun and interesting. Her enthusiasm inspires me to do better with my children. This was a very important topic of training, and more so everyday for the children growing up in today’s world, and I believe that after tonight’s training, I am better equipped to help the children learn the very important qualities of self control and focus. Thank you!" Jan, Childcare Provider
- "Love being able to attend these webinars at home and still have an active participation in the trainings. I love that they are live and that Raelene is reading our responses in real time. I love everything about them." Katrina, Childcare Provider
Technology Needed to Attend
These interactive live webinars are offered through Zoom Webinar. You simply need
- Download the "Zoom Client for Meetings" App at https://zoom.us/download
- An internet connection – broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE)
- Speakers – built-in or USB plug-in or wireless Bluetooth (you will not need a webcam or microphone as you will not be seen or heard)
This link gives you an overview of what is needed: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362023-System-requirements-for-Windows-macOS-and-Linux However, you will not be seen or heard, so you do not need a microphone or video/webcam capability. Mostly just an internet connected device (works great on desk top, lap top, or tablet/Ipad!)
Worried about the tech? Join us for a free 10 minute "ZOOM Webinar Essentials" to help you get to know the online environment and get the most out of your learning experience! Simply join your classroom 15 minutes prior to the webinar.
During this live, easy and engaging learning format, you will
- Have fun learning while you gain useful strategies you can use today with the young children you care for.
- Hear an engaging live presentation by Raelene Ostberg, Master Trainer and Founder of Thriving Together, on a live webcam with an insightful powerpoint presentation.
- Participate in interactive polls, chats, and a problem-solving session.
- Lower your stress, increase your success, and enhance your joy while caring for young children
- NOTE: *You will not be seen or heard (so you can even be in your pjs!)
We look forward to learning with you!