MORE! Strategies, Tips and Tools to Foster Self-Control & Attention Skills
Date and Time
During this interactive and engaging online webinar, you will
- Explore many adult responses, hands-on tools, and fun activities you can implement to encourage the development of impulse control and attention skills
- Discover strategies to help young children improve self-discipline and develop the attention skills needed to behave well.
- Problem-solve a common challenge and gain solutions you can use right away!
- Have fun learning with others who care for young children during this engaging online webinar with Raelene Ostberg, Master Trainer and Founder of Thriving Together, LLC.)
YOU CHOOSE - Take Part 1, Part 2 or BOTH!
#1 - "Promoting Self-Control in Young Children" on January 25th
#2 - "MORE! Strategies, Tips, and Tools to Promote Impulse Control" February 1st
100% Approved in Minnesota
*KCF Area I: Child Development & Learning
*Qualifies for CDA Content Area VIII: Principles of Child Development and Learning
Participants will receive a training certificate (and entry into Develop, if needed) within 24 hours of attending the full webinar, participating, and filling out the short post-webinar survey. For training hours, you will need to participate in chats, polls, and a question/answer time as you apply the concepts to your environment.
100% of participants recommend this online class!
Recent Online Participant Comments:
- "Raelene was super relatable and gave me so many helpful tips and tools!"
- "It's amazing! I love that we can interact without being seen/heard."
- "It was easy to access and provided a variety of ways to participate and learn the content."
- "Raelene is really knowledgeable and gives concrete advice that can be used and applied immediately in your classroom."
- “Very informative and convenient since is online and simple to navigate. We got a lot of information that is extremely useful to parents and educators without the hassle of traveling.”
Technology Needed to Attend
These interactive live webinar are offered through Zoom Webinar. You simply need
- Download the "Zoom Client for Meetings" App at https://zoom.us/download
- An internet connection – broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE)
- Speakers – built-in or USB plug-in or wireless Bluetooth (you will not need a webcam or microphone as you will not be seen or heard)
This link gives you an overview of what is needed: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362023-System-requirements-for-Windows-macOS-and-Linux However, you will not be seen or heard, so you do not need a microphone or video/webcam capability. Mostly just an internet connected device (works great on desk top, lap top, or tablet/Ipad!)
Worried about the tech? We have Jay to help! Jay Nelsen, Thriving Together Tech Support, will provide a free "ZOOM Webinar Essentials" to help you get to know the online environment and get the most out of your learning experience! Simply join your classroom 15 minutes prior to the webinar.
During these live, easy and engaging learning format, you will
- Have fun learning while you gain useful strategies you can use today with the young children you care for.
- Hear an engaging live presentation by Raelene Ostberg, Master Trainer and Founder of Thriving Together, on a live webcam with an insightful powerpoint presentation.
- Participate in interactive polls, chats, and a problem-solving session.
- Lower your stress, increase your success, and enhance your joy while caring for young children
- NOTE: *You will not be seen or heard (so you can even be in your pjs!)
We look forward to learning with you!