Tue, Apr 25|
Zoom Live Webinar with Raelene Ostberg
From “SCREECH” To “More Please” - Promote Toddler's Communication Skills!
Learn top methods to foster communication skills and turn those infant and toddler screams, hits, and fits into helpful words and gestures!
Date and Time
Apr 25, 2023, 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM CDT
Zoom Live Webinar with Raelene Ostberg
During this engaging live online webinar, you will
- Gain insight into how infants and toddlers develop the critical language skills needed to avoid screaming, throwing food, and other negative behaviors
- Collect effective techniques to promote the useful infant and toddler verbal and nonverbal language skills that will help toddlers turn those ear-shattering screams into useful phrases and gestures.
- Explore the tremendous difference adults can make in this advancement of expressive and receptive language the first two years
- Receive quality early childhood training hours - All participants who fully complete the course will receive a training hours certificate for 2-training hours for each webinar
You gain 2 training hours!
All participants who fully complete the course will receive a training certificate for 2-training hours for each webinar. To receive your training hours, you will need to log in to Zoom to participate in chats/polls as you apply the concepts to your environment and complete a brief evaluation survey. Participants must not miss more than 15 minutes of the session. During the session, you must not be responsible for the care of young children or driving a car.
100% Approved in both MN (Develop-MNCPD/Achieve) and NY for 2-training hours (Meet OCFS training requirements, Quality Assured, and count towards NYS Regulatory Training Requirements). Participants from MN and NY will receive entry into Develop or Aspire, if needed, within two business days of completing the course.
KCF Area IIB: Promoting Cognitive Development (2 Hours)
CDA Content Area II: Steps to advance children’s physical and intellectual development (2 Hours)
(New York) Approved for Child Growth and Development (2 Hours)
Visit the website to see all upcoming courses and on-demand anytime learning opportunities! - https://www.thriving-together.com/webinars If you need any assistance registering or have questions, simply reach out to Krista, Administrative Director at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Are these trainings approved in Develop and Aspire? YES! All of our live webinars are approved in Develop/MNCPD-Achieve and Aspire (All Meet OCFS training requirements, Quality Assured, and count towards NYS Regulatory Training Requirements)
- How long does Develop/Aspire entry take? Develop/Aspire entry occurs within 1 business day after you finish the course survey.
- Do you offer a discount for groups? Yes! If you sign up five or more, we give an additional 10% of the series rate.
Recent Participant Feedback!
- "Definitely is a worthwhile training if you have infants up to preschool level to help them communicate between each other" - Greta C., Preschool Teacher
- "That this class should be required for anyone who works with infants and toddlers before they start working. It would alleviate a lot of frustration for them and help to keep the enthusiasm and joy that working with this age level at a high level because it would give them a better understanding of these kiddos. Knowledge is power and for some is the key to preventing burn out." - Sharon T., Childcare Provider
- "It's amazing! I love that we can interact without being seen/heard." - Childcare Provider
- "I have ENJOYED all 3 of Raelene's webinars I've taken in the last few weeks & looking forward to future classes with her" - Childcare Provider
- "Very helpful and lots of great ideas of how to work with toddlers and infants. Walked away feeling excited to try new ideas." - Childcare Provider
- “Raelene's positivity and compassion about what she does is infectious! My mood was pretty down prior to starting the class due to the current times we are living in, but has been turned around 100%.” - Childcare Provider
More about your presenter:
Raelene Ostberg is the Founder of and Keynote Speaker for Thriving Together. Raelene started her journey as a struggling parent of a toddler. Like so many parents and providers, she would tell her toddler “NO!” in one hundred different ways, only to see the behavior continue and maybe even intensify. Thankfully, Raelene was given the cherished opportunity to work with skilled toddler teachers in toddler classrooms at Early Childhood Family Education. Raelene has spent 15 years in toddler classrooms and obtained a Masters degree in Family Education from the University of Minnesota. Over the years, Raelene collected numerous toddler-specific strategies to get the behaviors she needed and stop those driving her BANANAS! The Taming Those Terrific Toddler series includes Raelene's entire collection of helpful strategies (and entertaining stories of success and failure to match).
Worried about the tech?
- If needed, set up a time to test your connection before that day to go over any questions or concerns you might have by emailing Krista, Administrative Director at: email@example.com
- If you are unfamiliar with the format, join Raelene five minutes before the webinar to go over the course expectations or view the video at https://youtu.be/b169sCfhtkg
To participate in these interactive live Zoom webinars, you simply need
- Zoom App: Download the latest "Zoom Client for Meetings" App at https://zoom.us/download
- Internet connection: You need Broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE) - Note, Zoom requirements periodically change. Please visit https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362023-Zoom-system-requirements-Windows-macOS-Linux for the latest.
- Speakers: The presenter is on the webcam so you will need need built-in or USB plug-in or wireless Bluetooth in order to hear the presentation.
- Computer or Tablet screen: For this live webinar, the larger the screen the better. It works great on a desktop, laptop, or tablet. A phone is not recommended.
You will not be seen or heard, so you do not need a microphone or video/webcam capability. To find out more about this wonderful online learning format, view the video at - https://youtu.be/b169sCfhtkg
During this live, easy and engaging learning format, you will
- Have fun learning while you gain useful strategies you can use today with the young children you care for.
- Hear an engaging live presentation by Raelene Ostberg, Master Trainer and Founder of Thriving Together, on a live webcam with an insightful powerpoint presentation.
- Participate in interactive polls, chats, and a problem-solving session.
- Lower your stress, increase your success, and enhance your joy while caring for young children
- NOTE: *You will not be seen or heard (so you can even be in your pjs!)
We look forward to learning with you!