Tue, Feb 23|
Zoom Live Webinar with Raelene Ostberg
Collaborating with Families Part 1: It's All About Relationships
Explore strategies to build treasured relationships with families that leave them invested in your program and valuing your important work.
Date and Time
Feb 23, 2021, 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM CST
Zoom Live Webinar with Raelene Ostberg
During this engaging live online webinar, you will
- Discover strategies to build a strong connection with families
- Collect easy-to-apply communication techniques that will help you achieve positive outcomes for the child and keep parents open to your feedback
- Increase the rewards you experience in your work as you build trusting relationships and foster bonded connections that last!
- Have fun learning with others who care for young children during this engaging online webinar with Raelene Ostberg, Master Trainer and Founder of Thriving Together, LLC.
The strong relationship you build will help you thrive amidst difficulty and the inevitable challenges that come up when educating and sharing the care of young children.
Take one or take the full series (at a big discount!)
- Part 1: It's All About Relationships (February 23). Lay the foundation, building strong connections and partnerships with the families you work with that keep them invested in your program and open to your feedback.
- Part 2: Communicating Concerns and Challenges (March 2) - Gain methods to discuss concerns and challenging behaviors in a way that keeps families open to your suggestions, open to implementing your ideas, and on your team.
- Part 3: Navigating Conflicts, Cultural Dynamics, and Differences in Caregiving Practices (March 9) - Learn and apply a process to productively work through caregiving differences and conflicts that actually leaves you feeling more connected and forges even stronger bonds!
These strategies ensure families make time to collaborate, use the helpful strategies you recommend, follow program guidelines, and continuing your important work.
100% Approved in Minnesota
KCF Area III: Relationships with Families (2 Hours)
CDA Content IV: Strategies to establish productive relationships with families (2 Hours)
For these 2-hour interactive live webinars, you will view a PowerPoint presentation and presenter on the webcam. Participate in chats, polls, and a question/answer time as you apply the concepts to your environment.
100% of attendees recommended this series!
Feedback on this course:
"This was the best online training I have experienced by far. Thank you!"
"Very easy to use and a great online training!"
"I love the examples of how to make it work for us. Also, I love how Raelene has the perspective of a parent and knows what parents want and the perspective of a provider."
Technology Needed to Attend
These interactive live webinar are offered through Zoom Webinar. You simply need
- Download the "Zoom Client for Meetings" App at https://zoom.us/download
- An internet connection – broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE)
- Speakers – built-in or USB plug-in or wireless Bluetooth (you will not need a webcam or microphone as you will not be seen or heard)
This link gives you an overview of what is needed: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362023-System-requirements-for-Windows-macOS-and-Linux However, you will not be seen or heard, so you do not need a microphone or video/webcam capability. Mostly just an internet connected device (works great on desk top, lap top, or tablet/Ipad!)
Worried about the tech? We have Jay to help! Jay Nelsen, Thriving Together Tech Support, will provide a free "ZOOM Webinar Essentials" to help you get to know the online environment and get the most out of your learning experience! Simply join your classroom 15 minutes prior to the webinar.
During these live, easy and engaging learning format, you will
- Have fun learning while you gain useful strategies you can use today with the young children you care for.
- Hear an engaging live presentation by Raelene Ostberg, Master Trainer and Founder of Thriving Together, on a live webcam with an insightful powerpoint presentation.
- Participate in interactive polls, chats, and a problem-solving session.
- Lower your stress, increase your success, and enhance your joy while caring for young children
- NOTE: *You will not be seen or heard (so you can even be in your pjs!)
We look forward to learning with you!
Part 1 on February 23rd Only
This ticket includes "Collaborating with Families Part 1: It's All About Relationships!" on February 23rd from 6:30-8:30pm.
Entire Series - 2/23, 3/2, 3/9
This special ticket includes all Part 1, 2, and 3 on February 23, March 2, and March 9th. Part 1: It's All About Relationships (February 23) Part 2: Communicating Concerns and Challenges (March 2) Part 3: Navigating Conflicts, Cultural Dynamics, and Differences in Caregiving Practices (March 9)