Tue, Aug 24|
Zoom Live Webinars with Raelene Ostberg
Collaborating with Families Parts 1, 2 and 3!
Explore strategies to build treasured relationships with families that leave them invested in your program and valuing your important work.
Date and Time
Aug 24, 2021, 8:30 AM – 4:00 PM CDT
Zoom Live Webinars with Raelene Ostberg
Join the top-rated live Zoom webinar series on Collaborating with Families! Have fun learning as you earn up to six training hours in one day! (Simply attend each webinar, participate fully, and take a 2-minute survey after each.)
Part 1: 8:30-10:30am - It's All About Relationships!
Lay the foundation, building strong connections and partnerships with the families you work with that keep them invested in your program and open to your feedback. Discover strategies to build a strong connection with families, Collect easy-to-apply communication techniques that will help you achieve positive outcomes for the child and keep parents open to your feedback, Increase the rewards you experience in your work as you build trusting relationships and foster bonded connections that last!
Part 2: 11:00am-1:00pm - Communicating Concerns and Challenges
Gain methods to discuss concerns and challenging behaviors in a way that keeps families open to your suggestions, open to implementing your ideas, and on your team. Collect methods to set the stage for tough conversations before concerns arise, Identify tips and specific helpful language that will turn these potentially awkward or tense conversations into comfortable and collaborative discussions, and apply the tools learned to common real-life scenarios you experience.
Part 3: 2:00-4:00 pm - Navigating Conflicts, Cultural Dynamics, and Differences in Caregiving Practices
Learn and apply a process to productively work through caregiving differences and conflicts that actually leaves you feeling more connected and forges even stronger bonds! Gain strategies to collaboratively and comfortably resolve conflicts and caregiving differences and delve into how cultural differences and how opposing values may be fueling the conflicts.
These strategies ensure families make time to collaborate, use the helpful strategies you recommend, follow program guidelines, and continuing to value your important work.
To learn more about this fun and engaging format, view this video.
100% Approved in Minnesota
KCF Area III: Relationships with Families (2 Hours)
CDA Content IV: Strategies to establish productive relationships with families (2 Hours)
For these 2-hour interactive live webinars, you will view a PowerPoint presentation and presenter on the webcam. Participate in chats, polls, and a question/answer time as you apply the concepts to your environment.
100% of attendees recommended this series!
Feedback from participants of this series:
- "The instructor is knowledgeable, fun, real (down to earth), and engaging, and the content is relevant and applicable. The time just flies by! " -Kelly E., Early Childhood Teacher
- "A must-attend for people in childcare!", Eswari, Childcare Provider
- "I love the examples of how to make it work for us. Also, I love how Raelene has the perspective of a parent and knows what parents want and also the perspective of a provider."
- "I got a lot of useful resources and new perspectives from these trainings. Raelene's webinars are some of the most applicable and relevant online trainings that I take." Sara G., Childcare Provider
- "At my next full-staff meeting I will share the useful strategies I learned and how I am going to apply them to my visits." Lauren S., Leadership
- "This training helps expand your thoughts and knowledge about different cultural dynamics and caregiving practices. In addition, how to apply this to their everyday routine in the classroom and when speaking with the child's families." -Morgan E., EC Director
- "I enjoy Raelene’s classes. She has a great online format. I came away with tools to improve the caregiving experience for children, their families and myself - win, win, win!" 😁 -Carolyn B., Childcare Provider
Technology Needed to Attend
These interactive live webinar are offered through Zoom Webinar. You simply need
- Download the "Zoom Client for Meetings" App at https://zoom.us/download
- An internet connection – broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE)
- Speakers – built-in or USB plug-in or wireless Bluetooth (you will not need a webcam or microphone as you will not be seen or heard)
This link gives you an overview of what is needed: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362023-System-requirements-for-Windows-macOS-and-Linux However, you will not be seen or heard, so you do not need a microphone or video/webcam capability. Mostly just an internet connected device (works great on desk top, lap top, or tablet/Ipad!)
Worried about the tech? Plan to join us for the free 10 minute "ZOOM Webinar Essentials" to help you get to know the online environment and get the most out of your learning experience! Simply join your classroom 15 minutes prior to the webinar.
During these live, easy and engaging learning format, you will
- Have fun learning while you gain useful strategies you can use today with the young children you care for.
- Hear an engaging live presentation by Raelene Ostberg, Master Trainer and Founder of Thriving Together, on a live webcam with an insightful powerpoint presentation.
- Participate in interactive polls, chats, and a problem-solving session.
- Lower your stress, increase your success, and enhance your joy while caring for young children
- NOTE: *You will not be seen or heard (so you can even be in your pjs!)
We look forward to learning with you!
Entire Series 8:30-4:00pm
This special ticket includes all Part 1, 2, and 3 on August 24. Part 1: It's All About Relationships (8:30-10:30am) Part 2: Communicating Concerns and Challenges (11:00am-1:00pm) Part 3: Navigating Conflicts, Cultural Dynamics, and Differences in Caregiving Practices (2:00-4:00pm)