Collaborating with Families Part 2: Communicating Concerns and Challenges
Date and Time
During this engaging live online webinar, you will
- Collect methods to set the stage for tough conversations before concerns arise
- Identify tips and specific helpful language that will turn these potentially awkward or tense conversations into comfortable and collaborative discussions
- Apply the tools learned to common real-life scenarios you experience
- Have fun learning with others who care for young children during this engaging online webinar with Raelene Ostberg, Master Trainer and Founder of Thriving Together, LLC.
You will increase your confidence and ease with having sensitive conversations and ensure the discussions keep others open to your insight, increase family buy-in, and help maintain your important relationship with families.
Take one or take the full series (at a big discount!)
- Part 1: It's All About Relationships (August 24 - 8:30 am - 10:30 am). Lay the foundation, building strong connections and partnerships with the families you work with that keep them invested in your program and open to your feedback.
- Part 2: Communicating Concerns and Challenges (August 24 - 11:00 am - 1:00 pm) - Gain methods to discuss concerns and challenging behaviors in a way that keeps families open to your suggestions, open to implementing your ideas, and on your team.
- Part 3: Navigating Conflicts, Cultural Dynamics, and Differences in Caregiving Practices (August 24 - 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm) - Learn and apply a process to productively work through caregiving differences and conflicts that actually leaves you feeling more connected and forges even stronger bonds!
These strategies ensure families make time to collaborate, use the helpful strategies you recommend, follow program guidelines, and continuing your important work.
Full series schedule:
Part 1: 8:30 am - 10:30 am
30 minute break
Part 2: 11:00 am - 1:00 pm
1 Hour break
Part 3: 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
100% Approved in Minnesota
KCF Area III: Relationships with Families (2 Hours)
CDA Content IV: Strategies to establish productive relationships with families (2 Hours)
For these 2-hour interactive live webinars, you will view a PowerPoint presentation and presenter on the webcam. Participate in chats, polls, and a question/answer time as you apply the concepts to your environment.
100% of participants recommended this series!
Feedback on this course:
"I always get a lot of useful resources and new perspetives from these trainings. Raelene's webinars are some of the most applicable and relevant online trainings that I take." Sara G., Childcare Provider
"At my next full-staff meeting I will share the useful strategies I learned and how I am going to apply them to my visits." Lauren S., Leadership
"A must-attend for people in childcare!", Eswari, Childcare Provider
Zoom Webinar that is an easy and engaging learning format! View this video to learn more. You will...
- Have fun learning while you gain useful strategies you can use today with the young children you care for.
- Hear an engaging live presentation by Raelene Ostberg, Master Trainer and Founder of Thriving Together, on a live webcam with an insightful powerpoint presentation.
- Participate in interactive polls and chats as you apply the strategies to your world!
- Lower your stress, increase your success, and enhance your joy while caring for young children
- NOTE: *You will not be seen or heard (so you can even be in your pjs!)
Technology Needed to Attend
These interactive live webinar are offered through Zoom Webinar. You simply need
- An internet-connected device (works great on desk top, lap top, or tablet/Ipad!)
- Download the "Zoom Client for Meetings" App at https://zoom.us/download
- An internet connection – broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE)
- Speakers – built-in or USB plug-in or wireless Bluetooth (you will not need a webcam or microphone as you will not be seen or heard)
Worried about the tech? We have Jay to help! Jay Nelsen, Thriving Together Tech Support, will provide a free "ZOOM Webinar Essentials" to help you get to know the online environment and get the most out of your learning experience! Simply join your classroom 30 minutes prior to the webinar.
We look forward to learning with you!