Thu, Oct 27|
Zoom Live Webinar with Raelene Ostberg
Collaborating with Families Part 1: It's All About Relationships!
Promote powerful partnerships with parents that keep them engaged in your program, open to your feedback, and appreciating your critical work through daily interactions, challenges, concerns, and differences.
Date and Time
Oct 27, 2022, 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM CDT
Zoom Live Webinar with Raelene Ostberg
The reality is, working with others to educate and care for young children can be difficult, especially when families show up distracted and stressed, don't check in, linger at goodbye time, or do not follow program rules or guidelines. During this insightful live webinar series, you will
- Gather strategies to decrease challenges and ensure positive outcomes for you and the families you work with
- Learn many reasons why parents might disengage, lack follow through, or disregard your important feedback
- Discover techniques to ensure families remain open to your insight, listen to your ideas, and then utilize effective strategies to gain positive behavior outcomes for the child
- Increase the rewards you experience in your work as you foster bonded connections that last amidst difficulties and the inevitable challenges that come up.
Thursday, October 27
Part 1: It's All About Relationships. Get into the heart and mind of the families as you gain insight into what parents are looking for when they leave their child at your program. Discover how our brain's neural networks can get in the way and negatively impact our ability to connect with some families, especially those who are different from us. Collect positive communication strategies to build a rewarding relationship with all families to ensure they remain delighted and constructively engaged in your program.
Thursday, November 3
Part 2: Communicating Concerns and Behavior Challenges - Gain strategies to discuss challenging behaviors with families that keeps them open to your feedback and working together to problem-solve their child's challenging behaviors or developmental concerns. Collect methods to set the stage for these conversations before concerns arise. Identify tips and specific helpful language that will turn these potentially awkward or tense conversations into comfortable and collaborative discussions.
Thursday, November 10
Part 3: Navigating Conflicts, Cultural Dynamics, and Differences in Caregiving Practices- Ever had a parent who asked you to do something you were not comfortable with (such as stop giving their child naps?) What can you do to resolve conflicts in a way that feels like a win-win and keeps families invested in your program? Discover methods to address issues that come up and work through differences in a way that empowers parents and leaves all parties feelings respected and valued.
This series is packed with real-life strategies that will help you thrive amidst difficulty and the inevitable challenges that come up when educating and sharing the care of young children.
YOU CHOOSE! - Take Part 1 , 2 or 3 or ALL three for a huge discount, a toolbox FULL of strategies, and six approved training hours.
You gain 2 training hours for each webinar!
All participants who fully complete the course will receive a training certificate for 2-training hours for each webinar (6-hours total!) To receive your training hours, you will need to log in to Zoom to participate in chats/polls as you apply the concepts to your environment and complete a brief evaluation survey. Participants must not miss more than 15 minutes of the session. During the session, you must not be responsible for the care of young children or driving a car.
100% Approved in both MN (Develop-MNCPD/Achieve) and NY for 6-training hours (Counts towards NYS Regulatory Training Requirements and Quality Assured). Participants from MN and NY will receive entry into Develop or Aspire, if needed, within two business days of completing the course.
- (Minnesota) Approved for KCF III: Relationships with Families (Up to 6 Hours)
- (New York) Approved for Family and Community Relationship (Up to 6 Hours)
Visit our webinars page to see all upcoming courses and on-demand anytime learning opportunities! - https://www.thriving-together.com/webinars
If you need any assistance registering or have questions, simply reach out to Krista, Administrative Director at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Are these trainings approved in Develop and Aspire? YES! All of our live webinars are approved in Develop/MNCPD-Achieve and Aspire (All are considered "Quality Assured" trainings that count toward NYS regulatory training requirements.)
- How long does Develop/Aspire entry take? Develop/Aspire entry occurs within 1 business day after you finish the course survey.
- Do you offer a discount for groups? Yes! If you sign up five or more, we give an additional 10% of the series rate.
You will also LOVE the Collaborating with Families Series online learning experience! 100% of attendees recommended this series!
- "It is a wonderful webinar, that will help you reflect on how you are currently collaborating with families and give you great strategies to improve them." - Jessica C., Childcare Provider
- "It made me more aware of keeping those connections with families going. Sometimes we slip into autopilot and forget to focus on those things." - Lisa T., Childcare Provider
- "This webinar is full of tips and strategies a childcare provider can use easily every day to enhance the relationships and experiences of families and themselves." - Heather N., Childcare Provider
- "Engaging, helpful, useful content and strategies which you can start implementing immediately." - Carolyn B., Childcare Provider
- "Very valuable experience and felt connected and welcomed! You do a great job engage with those from all different educational settings focusing on children and families!" - Breiley D., Childcare Provider
- "The passion Raelene has for growth of children and families is evident!" - Irene V., Childcare Provider
- "I have really liked the full series of Collaborating with Families. This will be a topic that will never fade and will always be useful to childcare and other early learning teams. This training helps expand thoughts and knowledge about different cultural dynamics and caregiving practices. In addition, we looked at how to apply this to their everyday routine in the classroom and when speaking with the child's families. Raelene is very knowledgeable on the subject! This helped me expand my horizons on different cultural dynamics and what to do if I have to talk to a parent about any concerns or challenges with the child." Morgan E. – Director and Early Childhood Teacher
Worried about the tech?
- If needed, set up a time to test your connection before that day to go over any questions or concerns you might have by emailing Krista, Administrative Director at: email@example.com
- If you are unfamiliar with the format, join Raelene five minutes before the webinar to go over the course expectations or view the video at https://youtu.be/b169sCfhtkg
These interactive live webinars are offered through Zoom Webinar. You simply need
- Download the "Zoom Client for Meetings" App at https://zoom.us/download
- An internet connection – broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE)
- Speakers – built-in or USB plug-in or wireless Bluetooth (you will not need a webcam or microphone as you will not be seen or heard) - To find out more about this wonderful online learning format, view this video!
You will not be seen or heard, so you do not need a microphone or video/webcam capability. Mostly just an internet connected device (works great on desk top, lap top, or tablet/Ipad!)
During this live, easy and engaging learning format, you will
- Have fun learning while you gain useful strategies you can use today with the young children you care for.
- Hear an engaging live presentation by Raelene Ostberg, Master Trainer and Founder of Thriving Together, on a live webcam with an insightful powerpoint presentation.
- Participate in interactive polls, chats, and a problem-solving session.
- Lower your stress, increase your success, and enhance your joy while caring for young children
- NOTE: *You will not be seen or heard (so you can even be in your pjs!)
We look forward to learning with you!
SPECIAL Fall Training Bundle!
Price includes FIVE, 2-hour live webinars of your choice! Simply 1. Purchase this bundle ticket 2. Fill out the online form we send with your selections for four additional sessions 3. Mark your calendar and join us for fall professional development you will love! We take care of the rest! We will get you registered within one business day for your webinars.
NY EIP Scholarship - Part 1
This session will be free for New York participants who are applying for and get approved for the EIP Scholarship at https://www.ecetp.pdp.albany.edu/index.aspx. The final cost for this special ticket is the $25 rate. It is for Part 1 on October 27th from 6:30-8:30pm CST only. Once approved and accepted for EIP scholarship, your attendance certificate will be emailed and your attendance will be entered into Aspire.