Collaborating with Families 3: Navigating Conflicts and Cultural Differences
Date and Time
During this engaging live online webinar, you will
- Gain strategies to collaboratively and comfortably resolve conflicts and caregiving differences
- Delve into how cultural differences and how opposing values may be fueling the conflicts
- Have fun learning with others who care for young children during this engaging online webinar with Raelene Ostberg, Master Trainer and Founder of Thriving Together, LLC.
Discover methods to address issues that come up, work through differences, and set boundaries in a way that empowers families and leaves all parties feelings respected and valued.
Take one or take the full series (at a big discount!)
- Part 1: It's All About Relationships (August 24 - 8:30 am - 10:30 am). Lay the foundation, building strong connections and partnerships with the families you work with that keep them invested in your program and open to your feedback.
- Part 2: Communicating Concerns and Challenges (August 24 - 11:00 am - 1:00 pm) - Gain methods to discuss concerns and challenging behaviors in a way that keeps families open to your suggestions, open to implementing your ideas, and on your team.
- Part 3: Navigating Conflicts, Cultural Dynamics, and Differences in Caregiving Practices (August 24 - 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm) - Learn and apply a process to productively work through caregiving differences and conflicts that actually leaves you feeling more connected and forges even stronger bonds!
These strategies ensure families make time to collaborate, use the helpful strategies you recommend, follow program guidelines, and continuing your important work.
Full series schedule:
Part 1: 8:30 am - 10:30 am
30 minute break
Part 2: 11:00 am - 1:00 pm
1 Hour break
Part 3: 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
100% Approved in Minnesota
KCF Area III: Relationships with Families (2 Hours)
CDA Content IV: Strategies to establish productive relationships with families (2 Hours)
Participants will receive a training certificate (and entry into Develop, if needed) within 24 hours of attending the full webinar, participating, and filling out the short post-webinar survey.
100% Of Participants recommend this and every class in this series!
Recent Online Participant Comments about this webinar:
- "This training helps expand your thoughts and knowledge about different cultural dynamics and caregiving practices. In addition, how to apply this to their everyday routine in the classroom and when speaking with the child's families." -Morgan E., EC Director
- "That the instructor (Raelene) is knowledgeable, fun, real (down to earth), and engaging, and the content is relevant and applicable. The time just flies by! " -Kelly E., Early Childhood Teacher
- "I enjoy Raelene’s classes. She has a great online format. I came away with tools to improve the caregiving experience for children, their families and myself - win, win, win!" 😁 -Carolyn B., Childcare Provider
Zoom Webinar that is an easy and engaging learning format! View this video to learn more. You will...
- Have fun learning while you gain useful strategies you can use today with the young children you care for.
- Hear an engaging live presentation by Raelene Ostberg, Master Trainer and Founder of Thriving Together, on a live webcam with an insightful powerpoint presentation.
- Participate in interactive polls and chats as you apply the strategies to your world!
- Lower your stress, increase your success, and enhance your joy while caring for young children
- NOTE: *You will not be seen or heard (so you can even be in your pjs!)
Technology Needed to Attend
These interactive live webinar are offered through Zoom Webinar. You simply need
- An internet-connected device (works great on desk top, lap top, or tablet/Ipad!)
- Download the "Zoom Client for Meetings" App at https://zoom.us/download
- An internet connection – broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE)
- Speakers – built-in or USB plug-in or wireless Bluetooth (you will not need a webcam or microphone as you will not be seen or heard)
Worried about the tech? We have Jay to help! Jay Nelsen, Thriving Together Tech Support, will provide a free "ZOOM Webinar Essentials" to help you get to know the online environment and get the most out of your learning experience! Simply join your classroom 30 minutes prior to the webinar.
We look forward to learning with you!