Mon, Nov 08|
Zoom Live Webinar with Raelene Ostberg
Building Healthy Self-Esteem and Self-Confidence
Build the type of self-assurance that leaves kids confident as well as kind, empowered, and open to take on challenges.
Date and Time
Nov 08, 2021, 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM CST
Zoom Live Webinar with Raelene Ostberg
You Choose! Take Part 1, or Part 2 or BOTH!
Part 1 - Building Healthy Self-Esteem and Self-Confidence
Monday, November 8th from 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
- Discover the important elements of fostering healthy self-esteem while building the self-confidence needed to take on challenges
- Learn proven methods to ensure children not only feel good, but also do well and keep trying, even when things get tough
- Explore methods to increase effective and authentic praise that results in increased confidence
- Label methods to increase problem-solving skills and promote a trusting and responsive relationship that will reduce challenging behaviors.
Part 2 - Promoting Self-Confidence & Better Behavior through Increased Responsibility
Monday, November 15th, 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
- Identify four proven methods to build important self-confidence and a “can do” attitude in young children.
- Explore what chores and self-care you can expect of children age 2-8 years and discover ways to build young children’s ability to complete chores successfully.
- Collect tools to increase responsibility and gain cooperation without bribery, nagging, or threats
100% Approved in Minnesota
- KCF II.C: Promoting Social and Emotional Development (2 Hours)
- CDA Content Area III: Positive ways to support children’ social and emotional development (2 hours)
Participants will receive a training certificate (and entry into Develop, if needed) within one business day of attending the full webinar, participating, and filling out the short post-webinar survey. For training hours, you will need to participate in chats, polls, and a question/answer time as you apply the concepts to your environment.
100% of participants recommend
Testimonials from Promoting Self-Esteem:
- “Very thought provoking and definitely give you practical ideas you can easily adapt into your program." - Jodi, Childcare Provider
- "Raelene is such a dynamic presenter. The examples she uses about speaking with children in positive way makes ME smile and feel good! She really knows her stuff and I'm thrilled to have found her as a trainer!" -Taylor, Childcare Provider
- “It was a great experience and I took away many great ideas that I an immediately apply to my work with young children” -Tammy, Childcare Provider
- "Raelene you have been a beacon of sunshine during this uncertain time. Thank you for that. It's been so motivating and I can't wait to get back to school and use all these tools and techniques that I have learned from you and other attendees." -Ellie-Sue, Childcare Provider
- "I loved the content, so useful and I'm excited to try it with the kids!" Jeanne, Childcare Provider
- "Wonderful instructor!"
Satisfaction guaranteed. To find out more about this wonderful online learning format, view this video!
Technology Needed to Attend
These interactive live webinars are offered through Zoom Webinar. You simply need
- Download the "Zoom Client for Meetings" App at https://zoom.us/download
- An internet connection – broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE)
- Speakers – built-in or USB plug-in or wireless Bluetooth (you will not need a webcam or microphone as you will not be seen or heard)
This link gives you an overview of what is needed: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362023-System-requirements-for-Windows-macOS-and-Linux However, you will not be seen or heard, so you do not need a microphone or video/webcam capability. Mostly just an internet connected device (works great on desk top, lap top, or tablet/Ipad!)
Worried about the tech?
- If you are new to Zoom Webinars, we can set up a time, prior to the day of the webinar, to go over any questions or concerns you might have. Simply reach out to Krista, Administrative Director at: email@example.com or at 952-846-9250 to set up a time that works for you!
- Join us for a free 10 minute "ZOOM Webinar Essentials" to help you get to know the online environment and get the most out of your learning experience! Simply join your classroom 15 minutes prior to the webinar.
During this live, easy and engaging learning format, you will
- Have fun learning while you gain useful strategies you can use today with the young children you care for.
- Hear an engaging live presentation by Raelene Ostberg, Master Trainer and Founder of Thriving Together, on a live webcam with an insightful powerpoint presentation.
- Participate in interactive polls, chats, and a problem-solving session.
- Lower your stress, increase your success, and enhance your joy while caring for young children
- NOTE: *You will not be seen or heard (so you can even be in your pjs!)
We look forward to learning with you!