Taming Those Terrific Toddlers 1: "Why do they DO that?!?!
Date and Time
Toddlers are cute, silly, and wonderful, right? Yet, if you provide care for toddlers, you know they can also drive us totally BANANAS! Did you know you are twice as likely to be depressed if you are caring for a toddler?!
Join the Taming Those Terrific Toddler series this April to fill your toolbox with the helpful tools to get toddlers to DO what you want them to DO, and stop doing what you need them to stop doing (AND, have fun along the way during engaging live webinars with Raelene Ostberg, Master Trainer and Founder of Thriving Together, LLC.)
100% Approved in Minnesota!
*YOU CHOOSE - Take Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, or ALL for a huge discount (and toolbox FULL of strategies!)
Taming Those Terrific Toddler Series on June 8, 15, and 22.
Part 1: Why do they DO that?! (June 8)
Explore the link between toddler’s challenging behaviors and toddler development. Delve deeper into what drives toddlers’ negative behaviors while you gain insight into their cognitive capabilities. Discover three top tips to promote optimal development and growth and get answers to your toddler develop questions. Problem-solve a common toddler challenge and gain insight into preventing negative behaviors.
KCF I: Child Development and Learning (2 Hours) and CDA: Content Area VIII: Principles of Child Development and Learning (2 Hours)
Part 2: Setting Limits and Getting Toddlers to Follow Them! (June 15)
Learn ways to get toddlers to follow your directions. Gain constructive communication techniques that really work to get toddlers to stop certain behaviors and start others. Meet the toddler where they are and help them understand... and they will WANT to follow your limits!
KCF II.C: Promoting Social-Emotional Dev. CDA III: Support soc/emo dev.
Part 3: Guidance Methods for Toddlers Who Just Won’t Listen! (June 22)
Identify four additional redirection methods that get toddlers to follow your directions! Then, delve in and apply eight additional positive guidance strategies designed perfectly for toddlers' skills and development!
KCF II.C: Promoting Social-Emotional Dev. CDA III: Support soc/emo dev.
Satisfaction guaranteed. To find out more about this wonderful online learning format, view this video!
During the Taming Those Terrific Toddler series, you will
- Attend awesome trainings you will love!
- Gain six approved training hours certificates and, if you have a Develop account, your attendance into Develop (two in KCF 1: Child Development and four in KCF IIC: Promoting Social and Emotional Development)
- Collect a toolbox full of evidence-based toddler-specific strategies that really work. (This results in less stress and more joy when caring for these wonderful humans!)
- Follow up resources that include refrigerator cheat sheets and hands-on visual tools you can print and use right away.
- Feel inspired and an increased desire to work with toddlers as you increase appreciation for the wonderful world of toddlers and the guidance methods that can be easily applied (and that WORK wonders!)
- Connect with others who care for toddlers (Caring for toddlers can feel like so isolating. Participants report not feeling so alone and isolated after attending, which staves off burnout and keeps you at your best!)
You will also LOVE the Taming Toddlers Series online learning experience!
100% of attendees recommended this series!
Feedback on this course:
- “I've worked professionally in childcare for 8 years now, and this was easily the BEST class I have ever attended on the subject. It was the perfect mixture of interactive material and lecture, and the instructor was so passionate and having so much fun that we couldn't help but have fun as well!”
- "Raelene was amazing! I especially liked all of the examples that she gave. It's much easier to understand something when you are given a real life example that you may have dealt with yourself. Cheers for Raelene!"
- This was an inspiring and refreshing online series. The benefits included feeling more confident working with toddlers and having a much bigger toolbox of tools to try in teaching them skills."
- “Loved the presenter, topic, ease of webinar, I wish all trainings were offered this way. It seemed easier to be engaged and involved than in person. I seemed like I was more of a part of it.”
- “Thank you, thank you, thank you. This was by far the best webinar I've done!! I LOVE your energy!! You can tell you love what you do!”
- "The online series is great for picking up and putting more strategies in your tool box. You receive more ideas, ways of teaching these wonderful kiddos (toddlers). Also, for yourself, you learn you are not alone. We can all work together to gather new ideas, and what has worked for you, and now I can try that."
As the feedback from Taming Those Terrific Toddlers shows, you can truly benefit from special trainings designed just for you!
More about your presenter:
Hello! I am Raelene Ostberg, the Founder of Thriving Together, and a passionate advocate for those caring fo toddlers for over 20 years! My journey with toddlers actually started as a struggling parent of a toddler. Like so many parents and providers, I would tell my toddler “NO!” in one hundred different ways, only to see the behavior continue and maybe even intensify. Thankfully, I was given the cherished opportunity to work with skilled toddler teachers in toddler classrooms at Early Childhood Family Education and even took the lead position in many toddler classes. Over the years, I have collected and used toddler-specific strategies to get the behaviors I needed and stop those driving me BANANAS! Now, after 15 in toddler classrooms, collaborating with thousands of professionals a year, and a Masters degree in Family Education, I have a helpful toolbox of strategies (and insightful stories of success and failure to match). I now have dedicated my life to helping you and others who care for these special little humans. Almost every helpful toddler strategy is collected into this six-hour series, with wonderful real-life examples! I hope you can learn with us this spring for this wonderful series!
Technology Needed to Attend
These interactive live webinars are offered through Zoom Webinar. You simply need
- Download the "Zoom Client for Meetings" App at https://zoom.us/download
- An internet connection – broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE)
- Speakers – built-in or USB plug-in or wireless Bluetooth (you will not need a webcam or microphone as you will not be seen or heard) - To find out more about this wonderful online learning format, view this video!
This link gives you an overview of what is needed: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362023-System-requirements-for-Windows-macOS-and-Linux However, you will not be seen or heard, so you do not need a microphone or video/webcam capability. Mostly just an internet connected device (works great on desk top, lap top, or tablet/Ipad!)
Worried about the tech? We have Jay to help! Jay Nelsen, Thriving Together Tech Support, will provide a free "ZOOM Webinar Essentials" to help you get to know the online environment and get the most out of your learning experience! Simply join your classroom 30 minutes prior to the webinar.
During these live, easy and engaging learning format, you will
- Have fun learning while you gain useful strategies you can use today with the young children you care for.
- Hear an engaging live presentation by Raelene Ostberg, Master Trainer and Founder of Thriving Together, on a live webcam with an insightful powerpoint presentation.
- Participate in interactive polls, chats, and a problem-solving session.
- Lower your stress, increase your success, and enhance your joy while caring for young children
- NOTE: *You will not be seen or heard (so you can even be in your pjs!)
We look forward to learning with you!
- Summer SUPER Special Parts 1-3$50$500$0
- Summer SUPER Special on Part 1$20$200$0