Thu, Dec 28|
Self-Paced Learning in Your Thinkific Class
Self-Paced: Building Healthy Self-Esteem and Self-Confidence
Build the type of confidence that leaves kids confident AND kind, empowered, and open to take on challenges and strive to be their best.
Date and Time
Dec 28, 2023, 6:10 PM – 6:15 PM
Self-Paced Learning in Your Thinkific Class
Join this engaging self-paced learning course: Building Healthy Self-Esteem and Self-Confidence. This flexible, easy, and engaging self-paced learning opportunity can be completed any time between now and December 31, 2023! You can take this Part 1 only, Part 2, or both for a total of up to 5-training hours and a special bundle price!
Have you been concerned about children you care for who:
- Struggles to do a task and then they simply give up, whining for help?
- Exhibits needy and demanding behavior?
- Need constant validation and attention?
- Is unkind to others?
- Acts helpless when asked to help?
I was surprised to learn one major reason for these behaviors is related to the well-meaning self-esteem movement!
During this session, you will
- Gain an understanding of why this was happening with children in the U.S. and what you could do about it.
- Collect strategies to reduce whining and needy behavior, build a "can do" attitude, and promote kinder and more thoughtful behavior.
- Identify strategies to promote a trusting and responsive relationship that will reduce challenging behaviors and send the children you care for on the road to success, today in your care and into adulthood!
- View an entertaining and engaging 1.5 hour version of the live webinar featuring Raelene Ostberg on the webcam, give your insight, and apply the concepts to your care environment.
- Have fun learning during an engaging pre-recorded webinar with Raelene Ostberg, Master Trainer and Founder of Thriving Together, LLC.
Complete this self-paced course in your own time! This self-paced course is broken into easy learning segments in your Thinkific course player and it tracks your progress. You can jump on or off as is convenient for you! You decide - finish in three hours right away or take the until the end of June 2023. Once complete, your certificate will be immediately available. If needed, Develop entry in Minnesota or WI Registry in Wisconsin, within one business day.
Register today! Then, we will send you the special link to your special Thinkific classroom.
You gain 3 training hours for Part 1 in Minnesota!
To receive your training hours for this course, you must spend a minimum of 2.5 hours fully completing all survey questions, viewing 100% of the videos, and completing a brief survey.
Visit the website to see all upcoming courses and on-demand anytime learning opportunities! - https://www.thriving-together.com/webinars If you need any assistance registering or have questions, simply reach out to Krista, Administrative Director at: email@example.com
100% Approved in Minnesota & Wisconsin:
- CDA Content Area: III Positive ways to support children’ social and emotional development (3 hours)
- MN: KCF II.C: Promoting Social and Emotional Development (3 Hours)
- Wisc: 7. Guidance and Nurturing (2 hours)
Participants will receive a training certificate immediately after finishing the course and Develop or Wisconsin entry (if needed) within one business day.
More about your presenter:
Raelene Ostberg is the Founder of Thriving Together, an organization dedicated to designing and delivering fun, engaging, and inspiring learning experiences to support early childhood educators in their critical work. Raelene spent 25 working with families and 18 years working in early childhood classrooms. She obtained a M.Ed. in Family Education and B.A. in Theater from the University of Minnesota. In every class offered at Thriving Together, participants gain hands-on tools they can start applying right away, in a fun and engaging format. Participants love Raelene’s energy, enthusiasm, and theatrical storytelling that bring proven strategies to life. Her two signature online series "Working with Challenging Behaviors" and "Taming Those Terrific Toddlers" have over 10 years of positive reviews with 100% of participants recommending these transformative courses. Raelene is a Motivational Speaker, Achieve Master Trainer, New York State Training and Technical Assistant Professional, Licensed Parent Educator, Curriculum Designer, and Trainer Mentor.
100% of participants recommend our Thinkific on-demand course format!
Recent Online Participant Comments:
- "Raelene was super relatable and gave me so many helpful tips and tools!"
- "I appreciate that the material covered ideas, methods and even examples of how to implement these concepts while working with infants. Thank you for sharing your knowledge and experience with me! I will use this to enhance the care of the children I work with."
- "Great information provided on this topic, experiences I can relate to in my day to day life with childcare and having my own kids."
- "Raelene is really knowledgeable and gives concrete advice that can be used and applied immediately in your classroom."
- “Very informative and convenient since it is online and simple to navigate. We got a lot of information that is extremely useful to parents and educators without the hassle of traveling.”
- "Useful tools and strategies for creating a calmer environment."
- "It was exactly what I was looking for to help me deal with some difficult behaviors in my current group."
- "Uplifting, creates the desire to put into action and watch how it will change the environment."
Raelene Ostberg is the Founder of Thriving Together and dedicated to developing and delivering transformative, fun, and inspiring educational opportunities for early childhood educators and the trainers, coaches, and leaders who support them. Raelene obtained a B.A. in Theater, M.Ed. in Family Education from the University of Minnesota. Raelene presents nationally to thousands of early childhood professionals each year. Participants love Raelene’s energy, enthusiasm, and theatrical storytelling that bring proven strategies to life!
Frequently Asked Questions
How long is this course?
This course is designed to qualify for 3-training hours and can be easily completed within that time. It includes approximately 1.75 hours of an edited pre-recorded video from an engaging live presentation by Raelene Ostberg, M.Ed. You watch short video segments, provide your insight or thoughts, and write a few short reflections as you apply the information to your early care environment. To receive your training hours for this course, you must spend a minimum of 1.75 hours fully completing all survey questions with insight learned during the course, viewing 100% of the videos, and completing a brief survey.
My life is CRAZY! Do I really have time to take this online course?
Absolutely! This entire course contains short video segments that break the content into smaller, more manageable lessons (short course, huge potential impact). You can squeeze in a lesson or two when you have time – naptime, morning coffee, whenever! Many students watch lessons on their tablet or smart phones while on the go. (Doctor's and therapists' waiting rooms are great for this!)
How long do I have to complete a course?
You can complete the course any time this year. All courses end at midnight on December 31st, 2023. You can take the course in little bits or do it all at once – whatever works best for you.
Will I receive a personalized Certificate of Completion?
YES! Simply complete all course elements, illustrating what you are learning in the course. After completing your course, you will receive your certificate instantly. If you have a Develop Account in Minnesota or are in the Wisconsin Registry, your attendance will also be entered within one business day.
Can I also receive training hours in Develop in Minnesota or the Wisconsin Registry?
Yes! Simply complete all course elements, illustrating what you have learned in the course. After completing your course, you will receive your training hours entered into Develop (MN) and/or the Wisconsin Registry within one business day.
Are there group rates for centers/groups of staff?
YES! There are discounts for groups of five or more. Simply write us a note with the course titles and the number of participants, and we will design a proposal just for you!
What if the course doesn't work for me?
We would never want you to be unhappy! If, after completing the course, you aren’t 100% satisfied, we will provide a full refund.
Are there any tech requirements for this self-paced course?
You will need an internet connection – broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE). Thinkific is continually making these classes more accessible for participants. Visit their website to learn about the latest requirements at https://support.thinkific.com/hc/en-us/articles/360030354954-System-Requirements-and-Supported-Browsers